Health Insurance for Canadian now married to Brazilian

So I have been insuring myself since I have been here ,,monthly ,,for a year ,,,but now I am married and maybe staying here ,depending on my husbands visa ,,getting work hopefully,,,so my question is
Now Im married to Brazilian ,,applying for residence tomorrow ,,I have a CPF number ,,,
What do people who like me do now for health insurance ,,,Yes Im still Canadian resident,,,and I will keep ,,,unless some situation helps me here with insurance ,,,
thank you

K

First, your government provides a lot of good advice on health care for Canadians traveling or living abroad at the following website.  If you haven't read it yet, taking the time would be worth it:
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/publica … n-your-way

Second, get a card for SUS, the Brazilian national health care system.  Technically, you could do it now, but it will be easier when you've submitted your residency paperwork to the Federal Police, and have your RNM number on the Protocolo they give you.  Just go to any government clinic or state health department office, and sign up.  You'll probably still want private insurance, but with SUS, you'll have your basic immunizations for free, and emergency care anywhere in the country.

Third, is the private insurance you have now the same as the plan that your husband has, and are you pleased with it?  If the answer to both questions is "yes", there's probably no need to change.  If they're different, it might be easier to keep your benefits straight if you're on the same plan, but that's not essential.  If you do want to change, ask around among your in-laws and friends about good plans:  quality of private plans varies from region to region, and a plan that's highly regarded in one state may not perform as well in another.  Focus on plans that are national rather than regional in scope, unless you KNOW that you won't ever be traveling to other states:  a plan that only pays for services in Minas Gerais will be useless to you if you're unlucky enough to be in an auto accident in Rio.

Thank you so much

K