Car registration

Hi folks,
I need to register my Volvo and change the plates (to Bulgarian) in Burgas. To my surprise I was told that I can do it in Sofia only. Something to do with 'blue' plates- I have no clue what does it mean..
I have a long term residence card...
Any feedback?
Thanks!

Hi

We brought a car over with us and registered it in Burgas at the center here did not need to go to Sofia. I suggest you go to the center where some speak English and will help you

Hi Debbie,
Where actually did you register your car? And what is 'center'?
Thanks.

Hi, you can register your car in Burgas. Not sure if you are familiar with the town but if you come towards town from the Highway to the “Metro “ roundabout, turn right to the next roundabout and take the first right again the police station is there about 200m along the road. It can take up to 5 hours to complete and total cost about 600 BGN for all taxes, government insurance etc

Thank you all, guys.
Looks like my problem is solved.

Hi guys,

Do you know if to get into Bulgaria it's more important the country  where you were born (your passport) or the country you were living for the past years?

Thank you, Marga

[Post deleted]

Passport vs Residence Permit?

Passport!

Unless it's an EU long term resident's (=permanent) permit.

They would be more interested in where you have been living last of all not really where you were born.

[Post deleted]