What to do if your marriage is considered null and void

Me and my gf have been together since college (1999).  She went abroad and blah.. blah.. we got separated and sometimes in 2007 we ended our relationship.  After that, she got a child.  We met again accidentally in 2008 and 2009 and realized we still love each other.  I went to Saudi 2009 after our meeting and she was also off to london again.

we go home last year 2010 for a 2-week vacation and decided to get married.  We got  married on the ground of Article 34 Philippines family code having a child, but in fact, i am not the father of that child.

Now, we are planning to live together in UK but i noticed that we violated the article 34 of the family code and our marriage can be considered null and void as we did not obtain a marriage license.  I am worried that this would make my visa application to be refused by the consul.

I don't know what to do or what we should do to correct our mistakes.  We we're in a hurry at that time and did not notice the importance of getting married the proper way.

Is it probable to get married again with the proper proceedings?

Hi and welcome to the forum saudiboy!

I hope other members will be able to advise you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

sorry for that man...
the only advise i can give is that, hire a good lawyer and discuss the best possible way to solve the isssue.
As far as i know, once you will get married, you need to adopt the child with the authorization from the real father.

I dont think you have a problem.

Firstly you have to submit your marriage certificate to the NSO for them to record your marriage.

Your visa application would only be approved based on that recorded marriage certificate. You are required to submit a certified copy of marriage certificate issued by the NSO and you have to have it attested by the Foreign Affairs.

What's the point of having marriage license if its not even recorded ?

Even without a marriage license, the important thing is your :
- marriage was conducted by the authorized public servant to conduct the ceremony
- both side has never been married before

If its not, then it is null and void.

saudiboy wrote:

Me and my gf have been together since college (1999).  She went abroad and blah.. blah.. we got separated and sometimes in 2007 we ended our relationship.  After that, she got a child.  We met again accidentally in 2008 and 2009 and realized we still love each other.  I went to Saudi 2009 after our meeting and she was also off to london again.

we go home last year 2010 for a 2-week vacation and decided to get married.  We got  married on the ground of Article 34 Philippines family code having a child, but in fact, i am not the father of that child.

Now, we are planning to live together in UK but i noticed that we violated the article 34 of the family code and our marriage can be considered null and void as we did not obtain a marriage license.  I am worried that this would make my visa application to be refused by the consul.

I don't know what to do or what we should do to correct our mistakes.  We we're in a hurry at that time and did not notice the importance of getting married the proper way.

Is it probable to get married again with the proper proceedings?

To: saudiboy

Hi .. I don't understand what you meant you did not obtain marriage license. As I know that marriage license is only required if both of you are minors,then it needs the approval of both parents for you and your woman to get married. They post that notice in the City hall that you and your girl going to get marriage, to avoid a man or woman to get married many times.This is also the way to find out if any of you have been married before. But if both of you at legal age like example 24+ it doesn't required marriage license especially if the Priest, Pastor or the judge really know that both of you are single then it doesn't need to process that marriage license.Just make sure that the judge , priest or pastor are license to marry.If your marriage from Judge that judge for sure gave you CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE.To know if it is legal then visit your local registrations Office and check if your marriage is registered.If not, then question your pastor, priest or judge why no record.May they just delayed or what, if they are legal then you can do that registration,register your marriage in your local registrations Office, and after a day, or it depends may it takes a week, they will even give you a copy of your marriage contract, bring it to NSO, fill up the form, your purpose for authentication.It takes an hour they will provide you SECPA copy of your marriage cert.If you want to use it internationally then send your SECPA copy of marriage Certificate to the DFA for authentication, they will provide you Red Ribbon with a dry seal. So you can use it . Remember SECPA copy or NSO documents is not enough to use internationally, you have to send it to DFA for authentication to make it valid.

check first (online)if your merried!!by the NSO

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

if not,,start over again !!!

how to annotated my marriage certificate?

if i understand it right,,your wife(girlfriend) is a philipina???
if so its the first one who dont know how to get merried,,but knows how to get a kid!!!
Forget about it nothing but trouble!!!!