Police clearance for 13a - any clarification would be ace

Hello All,

Just a quick question prior to my departure for Manila (UK National living in UAE - 45 day entry visa secured already and flying out very soon. Will apply for 13a visa once in there. Wife will be travelling with me, shes Filipina National).

In getting my paperwork ready and have a question please?

Am I required to have a Police clearance certificate from UAE to submit with the 13a application?  On the official Bureau of Immigration of Philippines site it doesn't mention that I need one however I am reading on various forums that it is required. Does anyone know for sure. The BI in Manila are not responding to my messages.

If it was an easy job to get one quickly here I would go ahead but its not.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Tom

My advice is to get it.   They don't always publish the full requirements and its also subject to changes without notification and the integrations official mood on the day

When I applied for SRRV when I was already travelling I was told I did not need one as I had already left the UK

it took 5 years and lots of letter writing to eventually get a waiver

Have a look at this

https://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/w … /v13a2.pdf

This website says you do need it - so don't leave it to chance

Good luck

Anytime u extend visa. They require it.

Thank you gents.

Appreciate it.

Tom, you wrote your question  in Sept 2020. I will reply now if you have not arrived yet.

I have a 13A visa and needed to obtain a police report from my home country before processing. Then they asked how long I've lived in the Philippines, I told them and found out that if you are here for 5 years or longer a local NBI clearance was fine.

Have a friend that applied for an SRRV, but did not have documentation showing Philippine residence for the past 5 years. His application was rejected until he produced a statement from his condo association that he'd been here for more than 5. Once submitted, his application went forward.

Contact me with any further questions, sorry for the late reply.