Filipino married to Egyptian man

Hi, can I ask an advice? I am a Filipino married to an Egyptian man for 2 years. We got married in Kuwait. However during this pandemic everything was really tough so we decided to come home (Philippines) to start a new small business and he go back to Egypt as well to return to his old job there. After we separate ways everything is fine, I got pregnant and he congratulated me since this is supposed to be our first baby until the day comes that he don't contacted me for like 2 weeks now he didn't send me message nor call me but my messages for him was delivered. On the other side, he didn't blocked me and my family in all my socmeds accs. We don't have any misunderstanding, our last call was very sweet. He is very religious and his family too. Can you please help me and guide me what I will do? Do you think I will wait until he call me or is it over already?

Ps: I am a second wife, when we got married at first his wife don't know about us until he knows and she was very angry.  Before when we were in kuwait he said after he go egypt he will fix everything first blah blah blah

he visited Philippines twice already

Fretziel wrote:

Hi, can I ask an advice? I am a Filipino married to an Egyptian man for 2 years. We got married in Kuwait. However during this pandemic everything was really tough so we decided to come home (Philippines) to start a new small business and he go back to Egypt as well to return to his old job there. After we separate ways everything is fine, I got pregnant and he congratulated me since this is supposed to be our first baby until the day comes that he don't contacted me for like 2 weeks now he didn't send me message nor call me but my messages for him was delivered. On the other side, he didn't blocked me and my family in all my socmeds accs. We don't have any misunderstanding, our last call was very sweet. He is very religious and his family too. Can you please help me and guide me what I will do? Do you think I will wait until he call me or is it over already?

Ps: I am a second wife, when we got married at first his wife don't know about us until he knows and she was very angry.  Before when we were in kuwait he said after he go egypt he will fix everything first blah blah blah

he visited Philippines twice already

Dear Fretziel,

Some things I don't understand from your post leaves me with ambiguous thoughts.

(1) You said "we"  returned to the Philippines, was it actually both of you?

(2) Or from Kuwait he return to Egypt and you to the Philippines?

(3) After you separated you got pregnant? He is in Egypt and you in the Philippine?
      I find it very unusual a husband would congratulate his wife for being pregnant,
           maybe a friend or family member not certainly not his wife.

(4) Both of you religious, He Moslem, You Catholic? Do religious Moslem's accept mixed marriages?

(5) His first wife did not know about you, did you know about his first wife?

(6) Upon separation who got the marriage/family assets?

Hi sorry for the typo. I travelled Philippines and him to Egypt and we're from Kuwait

I got pregnant on the same month I travelled back to Philippines

I am the second wife and I know he have a first wife and he said they are already separated but not divorced

His family and his first wife didn't know that he got married to me year 2019 . They just knew it recently

He is muslim and I'm not

Fretziel wrote:

Hi sorry for the typo. I travelled Philippines and him to Egypt and we're from Kuwait

I got pregnant on the same month I travelled back to Philippines

I am the second wife and I know he have a first wife and he said they are already separated but not divorced

His family and his first wife didn't know that he got married to me year 2019 . They just knew it recently

He is muslim and I'm not

Your posts makes it a little more clear. You got pregnant the same month you traveled back to the Philippines, so maybe at the time you did not know you were pregnant.

Once back in the Philippines you found out you were pregnant and told your husband. You probably didn't know you were pregnant maybe for a month or two or longer after you returned to the Philippines. So it may have been several months before he found out?

So this may have come to a complete surprise to your husband. If this is the case I can understand why he is distancing himself from you.

I think the only way to convince your husband is a DNA test when the baby is born and I don't see any probability of him consenting unless he returns to the Philippines.

I also have doubts about him, not telling you he was already married, that is a serious cast upon his character. So he not knowing you were pregnant and you not knowing he was married, it's time for you to move on as he already has.

A lesson for all men & women, never enter into a relationship when one party tells you they are separated.

Fretziel wrote:

Can you please help me and guide me what I will do? Do you think I will wait until he call me or is it over already?

We don't know your husband. Only you can answer that.

But for now, while your husband is not responding to your messages, and you're not sure whether he'll contact you or send money to you and for your child:

1. Make a list of what you have / finances / assets.  (But don't share that info on any forum, site or social media.) For example, bank accounts that you can draw from, joint accounts, investments, etc. Do you have loans / debts / mortgage? This will give you an idea of how much to budget while you are seeking employment. If your plan is to set up a business, do not include the amount you intend to use as capital as part of your personal budget.

2. Be frugal. Cut back on your expenses and economize. Don't make large purchases. Just buy what you need. Avoid buying expensive fancy stuff for your baby or for yourself.

3. Very important: Do not give people the impression that you have money, especially on social media. Do not wear jewelry. Do not loan out money because it will never be repaid. If someone asks you for money for medical bills, etc. etc., tell them you're broke and pregnant and ask them if they can loan you some money. LOL.

4. Set aside an amount for childbirth medical expenses.

5. Find a source of income to support yourself and your child. You mentioned you were planning to set up a business here in the Philippines. Consider the pandemic we're in. Avoid business types that will do badly during these troubling times or multilevel marketing schemes.

6. There might come a time that you will be angry at your husband. But never ever attack him or air out your dirty laundry on social media.

7. Be strong. Stay safe.

OMO but perhaps be patient? Take Fil-Am Mom's advice though until you find out what's  going on in your relationship.

What I don't understand is how he can marry you if he is already married, did you become a Muslim(convert)? Multiple wives etc.

Over the many years I have been reading expat sites I have read of a few cases where some Egyptian men have simply dumped their Pinay spouse and moved on never to be heard from again, no divorce, no communication etc. Let's hope that's not the case for you Fretziel. I'm sure we all wish you the best of luck in the future.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi, yes I converted Muslim. Thank you for the reply.

Fretziel wrote:

Hi, yes I converted Muslim. Thank you for the reply.

Perhaps as an old timer I'm confused. In your post #3 you said "he is Muslim and I am not" and the next breath you say you converted to Islam, convenience? Truth? How many wives does this guy have? At the end of the day as a beautiful female from the Philippines will have little or no recourse against firstly some foreign national that will ignore your pleas for help both emotionally and financially and is probably lining up wife number 9 while your frustrations play out, one or 2 years down the track?

Let's hope that it doesn't play out that way and he has simply been busy with his new job and setting up house. I wish you luck and dearly hope I'm wrong with my hypotheticals.

OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl wrote:

Over the many years I have been reading expat sites I have read of a few cases where some Egyptian men have simply dumped their Pinay spouse and moved on never to be heard from again, no divorce, no communication etc. Let's hope that's not the case for you Fretziel. I'm sure we all wish you the best of luck in the future.

Cheers, Steve.

Unfortunately I have seen this too.

I am very sorry for the situation you are in Fretzeil. As Fil-Am Mom suggests, best to plan for things without him in the picture, but perhaps he will come to realize the moral responsibility he has and provide support for the child.

@Fretziel

What 8s 50 pesos or dollars? I have no PayPal I have only gcash to register can I is this 50 Philippine pesos?

Hi I cannot send through PayPal only gcash

@macynthiabaido You can link PayPal and GCash. Not sure if this is helpful to you.

@Fretziel
What 8s 50 pesos or dollars? I have no PayPal I have only gcash to register can I is this 50 Philippine pesos?

-@macynthiabaido

She has not posted on here since March 20, 2021.  Good luck

@mugteck

Her ex is probably on the 5th wife by now.