Dual citizenship child benefits (Egyptian and Philippine)

Hi, I have a friend currently residing in Kuwait. She is a Philippine citizen. She married an Egyptian national and they had a baby. She had given birth in the Philippines and the child is currently there. Now, my friend wants to get documents done for the child to have an Egyptian passport for one reason. For the child to receive benefits from the Egyptian government. We are worrying because her relationship with her husband is not really well, at times, abusive. We are worrying about the welfare of the child if the child will ever leave the Philippines. And is it true that the child will benefit from the Egyptian government even if the child is residing in the Philippines? Help, please? Thanks.

-Aya

Hi Aya,

the Egyptian country currently is struggling with debt, also the value of their currency went 250% down (from 5 pounds (jneeh) vs 1 USD to currently 18 pounds vs 1 USD.)

I visited Egypt few weeks ago and I can confirm that Manila is so much better than Cairo or other cities there. The only given advantage in Egypt is the food (like Bread, called Eesh, or like rice) the rest is extremely expensive. Current salaries in Egypt didn't grow up while inflation destroyed the country since the new president Sissy got the power. In Egypt, there is no standards in ways of life like in the Philippines (No people in queue to buy tickets, no clean establishments or sanitary areas) and especially, the worst and the most corrupted police on the earth.
Be careful if your child reached Egypt, you may not take him back since you need father's authorization to let him travel back. There is no age limit like in the Philippines that if the child is less than 7 years old, he should stay with his mother only.
The best benefit for kids living in Egypt vs Philippines is the religion, where Muslims can learn Arabic to better understand Islam, while in foreign language, only few Egyptians can speak fluently in English without their local accent ( Exple: to say : "like zis" instead of "like this" ;) .

I have plenty of experience dealing with Egyptian culture and governmental issues regarding this child issue. Don't do it. Don't let child leave Philippines. Beware of other covert actions regarding this situation. I wish you better resulrs them mine. Enough said!

Keep and raise your child a Filipino.

I'm a Filipina Nurse married to an Egyptian. Just gave birth recently to a healthy baby boy. I'm a second wife and it's a tough job. But my husband is Alhamdullilah most often reassuring how he loves me and my son. But there are times I also am afraid regarding what I hear about child dispute if worst things comes to worse between couples. But I hope Inshaallah everything will be ok Allah Kareem.

My advise for the sender Up, if ur relationship with the child's father isn't good, why take risk? Be wise Habibi. Benefit of having your child beside you is more than enough than having him be Egyptian and loose him in the end. I wish u the best and may Allah (SWT) be upon u and ur child.