Police Clearance Certificate

Hi everyone,

Please help. I am trying to get a Police Clearance Certificate for Cambodia. The issues are, I am no longer staying there, I didn't register with the songkat at the time I was living there, I didn't know I had too, and the organisation I worked for never instructed me to do so. In addition I  no longer have my entry visa stamp, as it was put into an energy passport that I no longer have.

What should I do? Come to Cambodia to try and speak to the local sangkat, Phone my local Cambodian embassy to see if that can help, or try to find a way around having to supply the document?

I know the official information says that people living outside the country can appoint someone to process the paperwork, but I don't have most of documents needed, for example, a residency certificate and entry visa stamp. I also don't have evidence from a tenancy agreement that I stayed there. Despite living and working in Cambodia for 4 years,

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Nick.

Hello Nick.

I'm afraid you got yourself in a hopeless position.
You have got nothing of the documents needed, no rental agreement, no sangkat letter, no entry stamp, actually you lack all documents that are needed.
What do you expect? Police say ok we have no proof but we will issue a clearance?

That you don't live in Cambodia is not the problem, you can appoint someone to go to the Ministry of Justice and do the work for you.

But you have nothing to show. Can your employer not make a statement, that you worked there from to, the address you provided, something like that?

I'm sorry not to be able to help.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hi Joe,

What will i do to obtain a police clearance, even i am not living in cambodia anymore?
I work before last march 2017. How can i obtain a police clearance? And how will I authorize person in behalf of me. I only have a certificate of employment from ky previous job. But i dont have my residential certificate or ommune (sangkat).

What is the best thing to do? Do i nee dto go back to CAMBODIA to obtain the POLICE CLEARANCE?
Please advice i need help.

Thank you

Hello Pinay20.

You posted this twice, on two different threads.

I have answered on the other thread.

Please stick to one thread to post.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hi Nick,

Did you ever get this resolved.

I'm in the exact same situation now.

Cat

Hello Cat,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Nick has not been very active recently.

In order to get a few clues on how to handle this situation successfully, I would definitely advise you to seek answers from our currently active members by creating a thread on the Cambodia forum in which you can speak at length about your own issue.

Hopefully, they will be able to give you some insightful advice.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

How to appoint someone to take police clearence certificate in cambodia.Any form to assign.any link of that form? can assign anyone for this case? forigners also.

@Chinthaka Diwelwatta

Just last week the Ministry has launched on line application of the police clearance.

Here the link:

https://cr.moj.gov.kh/

Cheers.

Joe

Hello Joe,

Thank for sharing useful information,

I would like to ask you that I have visa stamp and employment card (expired). I do not have lease agreement as my company did for me (but they kept it). I already resigned and I'm currently staying outside Cambodia, could you advise if I can apply for Certificate Of Residence (for submit Police clearance).

I appreciate for any advice to my case, thank you for your time.

Peggy