Are there plentiful English teaching jobs in Siem Reap?

I'm moving to Cambodia in February. I'd greatly prefer to live in Siem Reap due to it being more laid back and lush and less hectic and crowded than Phnom Penh. I have a TEFL and a CTEYL (Certificate of Teaching English to Young Learners) but no degree or teaching experience (yet). I'm not afraid to hit the pavement and find a job, but are English teaching jobs pretty numerous in Siem Reap? My main concern is getting there and then finding a lack of available jobs, especially due to having no degree or experience. Thanks!

I would also really be interested in finding this out. My wife and I will be coming soon and we are kind of torn between siem reap and Phnom Penh. We are Canadian, experienced classroom teachers and also both TEFL certified.

Any siem reap experts out there?

Hi. I'm teaching in Siem Reap. There are  teaching jobs available here but certainly not as many as in Phnom Penh. Adverts for jobs in Siem Reap seem to appear on FB in fits and starts. I recommend you search FB for groups like Teachers in Siem Reap etc as it will probably be your main source of information.

Lack of a degree will not be a problem for many jobs. No experience could be an issue but remember this experience doesn't have to come from a paid teaching post. Maybe you have some suitable voluntary experience you could put forward?

You'll find lots of useful info in the FB groups. Good luck.

Thank you for the information. How is the rate of pay?

The pay is less and the jobs are scarce in Siem Reap.

Pay rates vary a great deal but are usually lower than in PP.