Barber job wanted

i am currrently living in uk and wanting to move to cambodia with a view to opening or working in a barber shop. if you have a shop or to let or a job available in a barbers i would be happy to hear from you.

Hi basshead, why don't you post an advert in Cambodia classifieds > jobs section? This may be useful.;)

Harmonie.:)

many thanks for your repkly. i am looking to open a barber shop preferably and perhaps rent or buy a unit that i can live in as well as work in. my aim is to try to help cambodian people who are interested in what i do to learn my barbering skills and also perhaps to teach conversational english to them. i do not wish to come to be rich ,merely to enjoy my new life and to maybe help loocal people to learn to new skills combined. your thoughts on this would be appreciated and also any information on visas and the cost of a possible unit. wealth is not my aim. doing good is.regards

Hi basshead:

Well, working for a Cambodian is sounding not so good,salary are way under Western standard. Because you're a Westerner. Open one sound must better.

[Moderated]

Cheers  :)

Ted

There are many buildings that have a bottom floor, with a living space either behind or above.  I rented a 3 story row-type house. The first floor had a large living/work room, bathroom, back kitchen. An open staircase lead up to the 2nd floor with a narrow space between the stairs and railing, and a bedroom with a bathroom inside.  Continuing up the open staircase, the third floor had a room sized entry space with 2 bedrooms with inside bathrooms.  The front bedroom had a small balcony. Up a short enclosed staircase, the roof was large and partially enclosed (good for hanging laundry and storage during the rains).  It was $250 a month, $200 with a one year deposit.  It was right off Airport Road with a large community of mainly locals.  The people across the road had the first floor of their place turned into a salon for hair and mostly nails.  Most places like these are catered to women. The men's version is typically a roadside shack with a broken mirror and TV.  There are many enclaves like this throughout the city, and your competition for a proper men's salon would be far away in the tourist areas.  It's a good idea.  I'd suggest coming here, getting a $5 or so hotel, and having a moto drive you around (or rent a bicycle for a $1/day). You'll find a place like that in on time.  There's plenty of room and privacy for a flatmate, or someone working with you to stay there as well.  As far as the English teaching; a free tutoring lesson (or an extra dollar or so) “while you wait” is a great twist.  Make sure you have some savings; it would be likely awhile before you start to profit, but I think in the long run it would work out as there's always a niche waiting to be filled somewhere, and Siem Reap has a plethora of them.  I'm always willing to tutor in my spare time.  I don't know if you ever made it here or not, but good luck to you and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.