Need your advise entering SG from KL

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help me with my query.

I am a Filipino and already have my IPA (S Pass) approved last week. I am in Philippines at the moment to finish my last day at work with my former employer on Oct 4, 2018. Now I am travelling back to Singapore on October 7 (My last travel to SG was August 26 to September 2 for job interview and signing of papers).

But before I return to Singapore my travel itinerary will be October 5 Manila to Kuala Lumpur via Philippine airlines (PAL) and just to get pass the immigrations in PHL, I bought a return flight KL-MNL on October 7. Also, my KL tour will be with my family and they will return KL-MNL on Oct 7.

Now I bought a ticket Kuala Lumpur to Singapore on October 7 via Jetstar (which means my former ticket on PAL KL-MNL will be cancelled as no rebooking for PAL on KL-SG).

Questions are:

1. do you think the immigrations in KL will have doubts on me entering Singapore as tourist? And should I buy SG-MNL ticket to be sure that I am returning back to my country?

2. OR should I just use bus transit entering SG from KL even it will take me 6 hrs as only SG immigrations will be present... Is this true?

3. And from the advise of my filipino friends, I think I can present my IPA on SG immigrations and they will not question and interrogate me. Is this true?

I hope you can help me with my query. Thank you in advance guys. Really appreciate your experiences and thoughts.

To Surya, thanks as well!

Cheers

I have already responded on your PM, which you had send me earlier.

1. No need to buy any return ticket as you have valid IPA letter which is given permission to enter Singapore and work. You can show to KL immigration officer, if they ask. I think you don't have connecting flight that's why you are asking about immigration officer at KL or else immigration check point won't come in picture in the case of transition from one terminal to another.

In Singapore, show to immigration officer along with offer letter.

2. Don't make confuse and unnecessary trouble. If you have valid ticket to SG, then no need book a bus ticket.

3. See the point 1.

Good luck

Thank you Surya for your help. I hope I will be successful!

With an IPA in hand, you can enter Singapore from any direction and by any means of transport (bus, flight, ship, even walk) - it's entirely up to you.
KL immigration will not care about your visa for the destination country. Only the airline does (because they'd have to fly you back if you don't have one), but with a Singapore IPA it is sure you can enter, so no problem here either.
I do not really understand why you worry so much and buy unnecessary return tickets?

Just for being sure...

As my friends in SG and other experiences from Filipino expats that KL immigration is quite strict to Filipinos.. Not sure why..

Why you need Malaysian immigration officer to check? Unless, you have booked two separate tickets where at KL, you need to check out the immigration checkpoint, then come back again to catch SG flight.

It's very common travel plan to any other country via transit, if you don't have direct flight to the actual destination (Singapore).

Through transit, immigration officer won't come into picture as you can walk from one terminal to another, through that process, your hand luggage would be checked.