How easier or difficult is it to get a finance job in UAE

Hello guys, I am Muchys from Kenya and I am a graduate double majoring Business admin and finance. I also have five years experience working with a local bank. Now I want to move to UAE. I have already created a profile at Gulftalent.com and have been applying for jobs since May this year, but have never gotten any feedback. Now I am confused whether to go and search while I am there or still continue applying online while at home in Nairobi Kenya? Can anyone advise me so that I know which is the best way forward? Has it become now almost impossible to get a job in UAE or what is the situation? I would be glad of your kind help, or still are there recruitment agencies one can contact to help in the job search?

Well nothing is impossible.  It has just become more difficult due to the economic environment and increased competition. On top, the banking industry has taken major hits over the years in terms of layoffs and restructuring.

This is especially true for junior level job applicants who don't have specialized skills like yourself.  With the cost pressures the way they are and easy availability of talent on the ground in UAE and other countries of the GCC; employers are not going to fly in junior people for interviews or indeed even bother to call as those skills are readily available in the local market.  The only exception is labor and service industry jobs which are farmed out to recruitment agencies in different countries like Pakistan, Philippines etc; but these are considered as unskilled jobs and not relevant to you.

The best and practically, the only way available at your level is to come here on a visit visa and do a job search in person.

Thanks for the insight...that's the information I want.

agree