What kind of offer will you expect from banks in dubai?

I am curious especially coming from Singapore where I am constantly bombarded with credit cards card applications, I decide to do a simple research to find out from all of you who are living in Dubai now. :

"What kind of benefits and services do you expect to get from the banks?

thx folks,

I know this was posted a while ago and you have probably already chosen a bank but I honestly just want to put this as a warning for others: do NOT get an Emirates NBD bank account - they are completely and utterly USELESS. They make everything extremely difficult in the name of 'security' and yet they have a terrible record for accounts being hacked etc. (including that of a friend of mine). Also, they will charge you if and when they please for things that are completely random and incorrect. Their customer service is TERRIBLE, you pretty much cant do ANYTHING if you go outside of the UAE and when you receive your salary they will STEAL a portion of it and not tell you - then claim its the other bank taking the money even though you have proof from the other bank that they transferred the correct amount. In short, they are lying, thieving pricks who deserve to fall apart and burn for the shit company that they are.

Anyway thats my rant. Cheers.

I think EmiratesNBD is OK.
It's better than most other UAE banks. Paper work is usually difficult in the UAE for all banks. Now as to them stealing part of your salary, that might be because your salary transfer was executed as a regular remittance not a "Salary" transfer :)

Now, talk about MashreqBank.. they're the crappy ones :D

Cheers.

I am ashamed to admit that many of the foreign banks here are British and they are, quite simply, a disgrace.

The only mitigating factor I can think of is that they are a kind of 'franchise' over here; rather like McDonalds (which could explain the standards of staff, training and service...).

All I know is that, if they operated the same way at their parent offices in London, the whole shoddy, incompetent, thieving mess would be shut down by the Financial Services Authority in five minutes flat.

Well I bank with Lloyds, Jumeirah, Safa park and while their fees and charges are very high compared to back home (NZ) their service is very good if you go in to visit.