Travel Insurance

Hi
If I live in PP for 12 months would just  travel insurance be sufficient for that time frame or would I be better off having "proper" medical insurance?
Thanks for any replies

What ever is the best value and cover i would say, wouldn't you, Travel insurance would very xxxx I would say, Look at some of the other posts,  Good luck, I know a lot of people that, just keep money in the bank, But when i live os, i would always have the best insurance, that i could afford

Why do you need health insurance in Cambodia?
Health insurance is an absolute must, particularly for expats who are already dealing with the stress of moving. Making sure that you and your family are covered in Cambodia will not only appease you in terms of your healthcare, but will also reduce waiting time, widen your choices in terms of access to facilities and treatments, help deal with emergency situations, and remove the financial burden of paying for medical treatment. click the button on top handy tools

Hello Kaye.

It depends totally on what you want to do and your health situation.

If you want to rent a motorbike and drive in PP [not recommended] be aware that most travel insurances do not cover accidents when on a motorbike, not even as a pillion rider.

If you have a normal health insurance, see if they can cover Cambodia too, that would be the easiest solution.

Royal PP Hospital is the best hospital here and has contact with all major insurance companies.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks for you replies, I am just looking at what would be my best option for a 12 month period, I dont intend to ride scooters or motorbikes around and i am aware standard travel insurance doesnt cover accidents on these.  I know I will need medical insurance of some description, its pretty much a given when you travel outside of your own country these days.
I do have personal medical insurance so just need to see if it applies outside of NZ , so thank you for suggesting that Joe.

worldnomads.com/  is the best and cheapest, for me after having a good look, and you are covered for bike and car accident if you hold a lic, 150 a month looks better than 370 US for me anyway, please lets as know what you come up with

kayenewland wrote:

Thanks for you replies, I am just looking at what would be my best option for a 12 month period, I dont intend to ride scooters or motorbikes around and i am aware standard travel insurance doesnt cover accidents on these.  I know I will need medical insurance of some description, its pretty much a given when you travel outside of your own country these days.
I do have personal medical insurance so just need to see if it applies outside of NZ , so thank you for suggesting that Joe.

You're welcome Kaye.

Joe