Health insurance plan

Hello.
Can some one advise on a good and affordable Health insurance plan for expats in Cambodia that cover any medical assistance in the country as well as evacuation/repatriation?

How much it costs and which are the most reliable companies either local or foreigner?

Thank you.

Depend what you exactly wants, what your age is, nationality etc. (Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + please register in the business directory)

Hi,

I can refer you to the person that helped me with my health insurance in Cambodia. Let me know if you need the contact info

I don't yet know of a good one. But I can recommend that you avoid Healthcare International Global Network Ltd. They try everything to avoid paying your claim.

annieinpp wrote:

I don't yet know of a good one. But I can recommend that you avoid Healthcare International Global Network Ltd. They try everything to avoid paying your claim.

Thanks!
That's good to know :)

Check out A+ International and William Russell. A+ International even has cheaper plans for south east Asia

A+ is a good insurance, but there are a few other (cheaper) plans from different companies available with the same coverage.

Cigna expat plus (Van Breda) has quite comphrehensive coverage. The have a list of hospitals they have agreements with which means you just sign the form filled in by the doc and dont pay anything.  They deal direct with the insurance company. Good coverage includsing medivac but downside: it can cost you about 3000 USD per year. As mentioned before there are cheaper options out there, maybe AG insurance?

Grtz.

That is the same with other insurances, they also give a GOP (garantie of payment) and not only in the appointed hospitals. The choice of insurance depends on several things; age, nationality, pre existing conditions, only in patient insurance or in/out patient etc.

Yes please a contact person would be terrific! Thank you

Interglobal PMI and BUPA would be two more.

Whatever insurance you go for - make sure you look at the list of exclusions carefully.

I know someone whose insurance plan excluded both chronic diseases as well as outpatient medication. Unfortunately he got a sickness that matched these criteria exactly, and now needs to pay $50 for his medication every DAY. :-(

What about Forte Insurance?
Does any one knows about this company?

Thanks.

This site does not seem to have anyone who could recommend   A GOOD INSURANCE CO. YOU may find a more  experienced site khymer 440 is one and international is another . This site is okay however its not very ..well ... To be fair lethargic  Do your homework

The idea is to do your own research and then make an informed decision. 

I live in Laos, wife and 3 kids. Insurance quotes from $8500 per annum to $14,500.

Have a very basic cover for the family, covers doctor and medicine, maximum of 10 visits a year each, $1500 total.
From Allianz AGL.

I'd only be able to recommend an insurance when I know they'd handle things professionally in the worst case scenario, like medevac. I know people who have gone through this (which expat livong in Cambodia doesn't...) but I don't know which insurance they've got. Most come here with an insurance paid by their organization or employer anyhow.

We've got the Interglobal standard plan. Base price for 2 adults and 2 kids is around $5500. Then we never claim anything, and get a 20% bonus discount. But I simply don't know whether I can recommend them because I don't know how they handle messy and expensive stuff.

We see also many things happening,we do  the Assistance for several companies. We also take care of the customers who have an insurance for us, not only the assistance but we also take care of the claims, GOP's (guaranty of payment), advice etc.

Hi.

I have been in contact with several local brokers for an insurance plan.

I'm looking for both inpatient and outpatient coverage which turns the premium very expensive. They are telling me that out-patient doctor visits and medications in Cambodia are pretty low cost so I should go with a inpatient only coverage and support outpatient from my pocket.

What do you think about this?

Can someone advice on prices of out-patient doctor visits and medications ?

Thanks.

hmartires wrote:

I think you've not read and/or understood the advice I previously gave in this thread...

JanKrohn wrote:
hmartires wrote:

I think you've not read and/or understood the advice I previously gave in this thread...

I have understood your advice but I would like other people input as well (if you don't mind...)

Thanks

I don't mind at all. I'm just saying that there are a whole lot of deseases that can easily ruin you financially if you don't cover outpatient treatment (diabetes, anything requiring hormon treatment or dialysis, even chemo therapy usually is outpatient these days). What you make of that is entirely up to you.

hmartires - Great question.  As in all things it depends on what your having treated, where and with whom is treating you.  Simple medication is reasonable in Cambodia, but any moderate or serious medical procedures are going to set you back.  Also, remember there is the potential that some medical procedures can't or shouldn't be done here and you'll need to be transported out of Cambodia.  Bottom line, Its better to have expat health insurance. 

St. James International is a Premier Wealth Management company in Cambodia.  They also offer exceptional health insurance for expats at a discounted price.  Id check them out to get a quote.  Good luck!