Best Community for Artists

My husband is an Artist.
What are the best Cities and neighborhoods in Panama to visit with the intention of moving there?

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Toim

Panama City, or David - Boquete area, not sure what goes on in the Coronado area. Does he want to make a living with his art, find an artist community, get inspired? What kind of artist? I live in David and know a Panamanian, Victor Chiru, who does amazing paintings and also teaches. There are some expat painters in Boquete who also give classes, and photographers, and theater arts, and musicians...  etc.

Thanks>
I am still trying to get a feel for the areas we should explore.
I think we'll try San Miguel de Allende first, in April. After that Panama City is on the horizon.
The I'll  have more questions.

Every artist has particular things they like.  I would think that Casco Viejo would be definitely worth a visit for architecture, museums, and local crafts.  Las Tablas is nice for local arts.  A lot of traditional clothing, music, musical instruments, and more originate from this area.  For places to live you will want to decide on what size of town or city, what temperatures you prefer, and how close you need to be to services you need.

@GuestPoster3 I would love to hear your thoughts on San Miguel. Thanks, aa

@fairbanksfolly Hello, please note that you are participating on an old thread and that the initial poster is no longer on the wbsite.

Feel free to open a new thread on the Panama forum should you need infos about artists.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed