Questions about living in Goa

Dear All,

I get an opportunity for a 1 or 2 years job in Goa and I'd like to have some feedback from expats living there.

I'm french, 30 years old, moving alone and will be the only occidental in the company. Goa and moreover India are totally unknown for me but I'm very interested and curious to discover the culture and people.

Could you please give me some tips or advices about expat life and community, working conditions, activities, climate (how is it during monsoon ?), cost of life and how is the life in general ?

I've seen many different feedbacks and it's difficult for me to have a clear idea because most of them were just tourists.

Thank you for your answers ! And hope to meet new people if I decide to come !

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

So, have you reached Goa or still considering?
If you're considering then I must tell you that I am writing this reply sitting in a French man's restaurant in Goa.. Rest of India is one thing but Goa is a totally different world. The life here is more or less similar to any coastal city in Europe except for the public transportation and benefits. People are friendly but you must know the prices of things before buying anything..  Neighbours (local people) are cool coz the are habitual to usual Foreign tourists. You being a office guy they will be pretty much delighted..

If you need more info send me a personal message and I can help you... I visit goa every week..

Life in Goa is just fun and relaxing. I have lived there when I was younger. It is like a city and village combined. Even the people are kind-hearted and helpful. There is so much to explore and so much to see that I still haven't explored the entire place. The main attraction would be night life in goa which is the most amazing part of the place. It is not necessary for you to drink to enjoy. The place just becomes more vibrant. I hope you took that opportunity and moved to Goa. If you still active on the forum, could you share your experience if you took that job? I would love to know it from your point of view.