Working in China at age 60+

I have German passport although my father was from the Uk, grandparent and i was living in Spain most of the time, except some years in the UK and France, then in 2005 i came to China, i have had z working visa every year. The las 4 years i have been working as English Teacher, especially teaching business, and as part time Spanish and German teacher. I have a Bachelor Grade in Tourism and Hotel Management, 3 Masters in Restaurant, Bar and Pub management, Chef Diploma, Tesol for teaching English and Ele for teaching Spanish.Now i am 60 and seems in Xiamen i cannot work anylonger. I thought also about opening a Tapas Bar, but new regulations says you can open but not run it in china as i cannot obtain work or owners visa when 60+ , which makes sense....some consulting said in other chinese cities i can work even with 65 or more...someone has a clear idea about this regulations? Thanks
Pedro

I am in this club too. Yeah, it sucks.

There is a age cap on Z-visas. 55 for new visas, and 60 for visa extensions.

Your options are to start your own business, do teaching from home, or get married to a Chinese gal.

Best of luck.

I was thinking about opening a small business, a small tapas bar/restaurant...but a consulting company in Shanghai told me that just 2 months ago the new regulation does not give visa for foreign business owner if 60 yo...so open biz is ok but you have to run it from abroad ...the last stupidity in new regulations...