Question

Hi Everyone,
Good Day

I am egyptian civil engineer. I Speak arabic , English ,spanish and little german. I am planning to move to ECUADOR for searching for better life and work. What is the status and the conditions in ECUADOR for Engineering works and construction and the salaries.

Dear M.,

Because of economic problems -- due to volatile oil pricing, sectors recovering from 2016-17 earthquakes and corruption trials -- it is even harder than usual for a foreigner to obtain work in Ecuador.

The exceptions are (1) if you speak Spanish fluently and can convince an Ecuadorian company to hire you (2) if you are hired by a company whose main offices are in a more developed country .. or (3) you have "juice" from a relative or friend inside the hiring company. 

A fourth exception involves coastal construction.  More on that coming up.

In general, pay scales in Ecuador are far lower than in developed countries.

cccmedia

If you seek work in your specific field, building construction, the optimal area is the one most affected by The Big One, the devastating earthquake that occurred two years ago this month.

That means particularly hard-hit areas near the Pacific Ocean coast of Ecuador.  Especially places where buildings have yet to be replaced or where reconstruction has been delayed by various factors including the need to develop earthquake-resistant building codes.

cccmedia

thanks for your reply.i have 5 years in buildings and tunnels and roads.if i will go there how much i can be paid. And about this area affected by earthquake i can find job easy . i have to go there it is difficult to find job from here.