Need urgent tips regarding lost expired Passport

Greetings to the expat Community,
I landed in the kingdom almost a month ago, in dammam, currently residing in khobar.
I have a situation that i am getting clueless about.
about 9 days ago I lost my EXPIRED OLD passport, i went to the khobar police station just to have a report mentioning that i have lost my old expired passport just to be on a safe side that i have an official report of it.
The officer at the station directed me to the passport office , now here is the main problem , the procedure i am being instructed by the passport office is the same one for a valid lost passport that is having your current visa on it. I tried explaining to them that i have lost an EXPIRED passport , but they will still tell me the whole long procedure for a Valid passport which you need to get from the embassy again.

I dont know how to explain any better to them .

thanks .
stay blessed.

What do you want a new passport? Then if you do, you have to get it from the Embassy there is no other way.

Contact your embassy for proper procedures .

Look, if the old passport is expired and doesn't have any valid visas on it then there is no issue.  It cannot be used or misused.   Generally, people only report lost passport cases to get a new one.   If you don't want to get a new passport then they will in all probability not register any case.

The best you can do is take an arabic speaker with you and have him explain that you just want a report for peace of mind.  They may or may not entertain you.

thanks for the prompt responce everybody, i need a report because there are contries asking for 5 previous years travel records and all your passports to submit to issue a visa. in case of an expired lost passport, one needs to have a report from police to submit.

Refer to your Embassy for  right procedures.