Work permit was rejected and now we're going back to Singapore

Hi, I'm roan from the Philippines

Feel free to give us recommendation and suggestions:

I came in Singapore with my boyfriend last March 3, 2018. We tried to look for a job and luckily we are now waiting for IPA. Since our tourist visa will expire on the 30th day, we decided to exit last March 30, 2018 and stayed in Malaysia.

While waiting, my boyfriend's employer said that his work permit was rejected and not considering for re-application. And may IPA is not yet issued up to this moment. Our plan is to go back in Singapore upon issuance of my IPA.

My questions are:

1. Does the immigration can detect the rejection of his work permit that may cause him NTL (Not to Land)?
2. Where is the advisable place to enter Singapore? via JB or KL?
3. What are the possible scenarios that we may face?

THANK YOU!

1. Yes. The immigration officer sees your complete history on the screen after scanning your passport.
2. It does not matter.
3. In the worst case, your boyfriend may be denied entry. But after just one month in Singapore and a week of absence, this is unlikely. In case they ask, it is better if he can show a return ticket to his country.

@beppi
Last question, how about if he will stay for more than 2 weeks because my IPA issuance has no definite time. DOes it affect the record on immigration?

thank you for the info. :)

You were asking about your boyfriend, didn't you?
Your IPA generally has no influence at all on whether he can enter or not.
You yourself can of course enter Singapore for any length with the IPA.

One thing was not highlighted or discussed that you have to stay outside of Singapore at least for 5 days before you try to return. Chances are less that both of you will be denied (if this would be your second entry in few months and you both have returned tickets in hand). Good luck

Note: Bf and Gf relationship or partner doesn't have any influence or recognition at ICA, he is just like another traveler who is traveling along with you.