To rent or to buy a flat in Leeds

dear All, i ve been told that real estate is not so expensive in Leeds, on the other hand how is the labour market? which are the services or the manufacturing industries that ask for workers in Leeds?
I live in Northern  Italy i worked hard for a multinational company  and I look for some possibilities in England even starting from the beginning. Let me know thks

Hello Ale,

Welcome to Leeds.

Leeds is among 5 largest cities of United Kingdom and needs getting used to. You can not make a purchase decision only by looking at the map / location and speaking to a property broker.

My advise is to take a rental place for a couple of months while you understand the place, there are a few areas which are regarded ROUGH and unsafe specially after dark hours. :)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It says in your information that you're an Argentinian citizen; unless you've managed to pick up Italian (or another EU country) citizenship, you'll need to get a work visa to come and work in the UK; details of these and how to apply can be found on the UK Gov website, this link will take you there.

With regards to Leeds; I live not far from there and pretty much agree with Riazcdki's comments.  There is a significant financial centre in Leeds with multi-national legal and accountancy firms.  Living in the city centre is OK, but expensive; we live about 20 miles away in an area with good public transport access into the city centre; the cost of living out here is much better than in Leeds itself.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Before buying, check the crime rate in the intended area as some parts of Leeds are pretty bad.

https://www.police.uk

Fred wrote:

Before buying, check the crime rate in the intended area as some parts of Leeds are pretty bad.

https://www.police.uk

Good link - borrowed. :)

Dear Sir, thks for yr info, I am Italian Citizen , i live and work in parma city Italy since 2001, but Always ve had Italian citizenship here in Europe. your info is very usefull . thks again