Retirement village and care home for expats and locals

We were recently approached by investors in Paphos, Cyprus in a bid to find out the feasibility of setting up a brand of retirement villages and care homes across Cyprus and in particular Paphos  where the first one is envisaged, and after a very interesting trip to Paphos with my colleague from Portugal who is in the retirement market like us, we came to the conclusion that the investors had learnt enough from our experience and knowledge together with their vision, that there was a possibility that their investment would be put to good use. They are thinking on the lines of accommodation for expats in Cyprus, Cypriots wishing to return to Cyprus from the UK, and maybe some Expats wishing to settle in Cyprus having worked in Middle East and not wishing to return to UK to retire.

I am therefore interested to learn from anyone what call there is for this kind of a venture, and would be grateful for your guidance on the matter.

i think you will find Paphos is one massive retirement district already never mind village - lol

The Retirement village and care home would be 'Purpose Built' with facilities to complement them and be situated close to amenities.

do you know if you will get planning permissions to do so?

I'm interested to exchange notes on this issue although not for Pafos. at present

Hello Zanaja, how can we help you?

One place we found, there was already planning permission granted.

Perhaps best to PM me.

Hi I am called Simon. I am, and have been since my accident in 2001, a 55 year old permanent wheelchair user. I have been to Cyprus 5 times. And I love the place, especially Paphos, due to the British already there.
However, as I AM now so disabled and reliant on my carers to help me prepare and cook my meals, I feel to move to Cyprus a little stupid !
But ir there was somewhere where I could get help, I would be interested.
As I have a 13 year old Cavalier King Charles Dog, I would not be looking to move until he passes.
But I would love to find out more ??? I have my own web site :- www.sportsbiking.co.uk .
Simon.

Hi im enquiring if any land is available for this project?

I have just returned from Cyprus on an emergency visit to my mother who was in Larnaca hospital in the intensive care ward, i will not go into much detail but mum had an atrocious time in there, the care was very poor. We had alot of incidents while in there but i will as i said go into any detail. Mum was discharged today and we have struggled to find her a nursing home. At the moment my sister's who also lkve out there have put her in a temporary nursing home adjacent to the hospital until we can sort her disability benefits and as you can imagine its not easy. So ang help can be a blessing. Thanks

Oct 2023

Hi all

I live in UK but my father is here in Cyprus.  Since June this year I'm struggling to find a good solution to this issue of what care to try and find.

I think dad would appreciate home help but would need 24 hour care.

Alternatively I've not found a good quality ho.e that can e rich his life not just provide for his.basic.needs.

Can anyone help ?

Many thanks

There has been a posting on Facebook I think it's called M C Care at Home

https://www.facebook.com/CareAtHomeCyprus

Sadly here in Cyprus care for the elderly especially non Cypriots is minimal and is I suspect driven by tradition as here care is usually provided by family.

Many non Cypriots tend to legally employ 24/7 live in carers usually Philippine or Thai... I've no idea how to do that .. but once you find the right person then I guess it's a case of sponsoring that person and obtaining the required residency and work visa etc  all time consuming and lengthy right now for any TCN

Good luck

The retirement village mentioned at the start of this thread did actually happen it's still however in development construction stage so not really much help.

But for information here it is

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083388998771

The only options I can think  of are basically either

1... a retirement home,

2... a domestic helper (basically living with them), or

3...a nurse that visits how much you need him/her and helps with showering etc

I have to say its kinda worrying as we get older and our bodies start to give up the ghost...   but it's something we should all consider and plan if you can.

The other not very palatable option and this is what I have seen is to return to the UK. Not an option in some circumstances :-/

Not being mobile and looking after ourselves is something we don't want to think about unfortunately until it is looking us in the face.

@phildraper

Another one is talking openly about wills and making funeral plans ..... etc

Not great topics but ones that must be tackled in order for peace of mind and to not leave problems for your surviving loved ones...

Yes it is - thanks for making my day lol

Pleased to oblige lol

Maybe try Aurora Health Care Centre ...