Plans to move to Kyrenia

Hello everyone ! My family and I are planning to move to Kyrenia from Montreal, Canada and I need suggestions when it comes to pre-school for a 3 year old.  I can't seem to find any French school, is there any ?  Any advice & tips would be greatly appreciated ( wether French or English education ).  Thanks :)

When were you planning to move? Most schools will close here end of May until September for Summer season. There are no French Schools but ı can advise you on English schools.

Thank you so much for your response :) We are planning to move there around the month of June or July.  Looking forward to it !  Only worries are for my son and the language issue.  He is starting slowly to talk and our mother language at home is French.  He will eventually blend in and hopefully learn English as well as Turkish.  Looking forward to reading your suggestions.  Thank you again :)

You are most welcome  :)

It is important you let me know your son's age and the subjects he intends to study before I can advise you properly. I also need to know his level of English. Starter, elementary, intermediate etc.

I have taught in many private schools in North Cyprus and I do teach English, Turkish, Maths, Physics and Computer studies privately to a selection of students both from my home and the English Training centre in Girne (Kyrenia).

The reason I do use my home is, many students prefer one-to-one teaching to supplement their work at schools. Some even give up the schools in favour of learning the IGCSE and A/S level subjects required for University entry with a private teacher at home rather than the expensive, time-wasting private schools.

Private lessons can be cheaper and provide a better environment for the students to learn, but that would prevent them from enjoying the company of their age group and other social activities carried out at schools. This may not be the best choice socially for children younger than 15.

There are 2 full-time private English schools in Girne, where students can attend junior and pre-university classes depending on their age. I will get the information about both of these and forward them to you by email in Due course. (My email address is [email protected])

There is a small website we use for the Education Centre and private lessons which may give you an idea of what is being taught. We can teach most subjects to children aged from 10 years to 18 years old, but I have also been teaching many foreign adults English and Turkish from my home for the past 8 years.n This is the website if you wish to have a look:
http://turkishlessons1to1.wixsite.com/i … ons-cyprus

Please do not misunderstand my message. I am not trying to advertise my or our Education centre to anyone. I often give free advise to many people in this form about work and education in North Cyprus.

Kind regards,
Ozer Kaan

Thank you so much Ozer for all the information you took the time to write :)  I will definitely keep it in mind.  My husband and i will want to learn Turkish once settled.  As for my boy, he's only 3 years old.  I did have a look at the English School of Kyrenia as well as another English Nursery/Pre-school.  Wrote to both of them last week, but still no response.  Maybe, it's best to call ?  Have a very nice evening !

3 years old, he will have no problem in picking up the language. Children pick up things a lot quicker than adults. In a few months at school, he will be near to fluent.