Pickleball in Cartagena

We have become avid Pickleball players here in Sonoma, CA. We are thinking about spending the month of Feb/2019 in Cartagena. Is there Pickleball in Cartagena and if so where is it?

We just spent a month in Chiang Mai Thailand. We discovered a Pickleball group in Chiang Mai and played with them every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We immediately bonded over our shared love of the game. The group was a mixture of expats, from multiple countries, and some Thai people. It gave us the unique chance to get to know Thai people. We also got to know Chiang Mai much quicker because the group lived there - some came only for one month, some for two months, others for six months - some lived there full time.

Did you know pickle ball is the only sport in the world named after a dog? Great fun, I participated lots in Canada. I've been in Colombia 6 months now and havn't seen a hint of it. Sorry. If you find anything can you let me know?

Doug, thanks. We had a couple of people from Canada playing in Chiang Mai.

CanadaDoug wrote:

Did you know pickle ball is the only sport in the world named after a dog?

And here I thought it was named after a cucumber soaked in brine. :lol:

My research indicates it's a paddle game that uses a ball with holes in it.  However, I did not come across information that it may or may not have caught on in northern Colombia.

cccmedia in Depto. de Nariño

Thanks, it is the fastest growing sport in the world. It is all over Thailand. Singapore has 70 Pickleball Clubs.  I guess it will take a little longer to get to Columbia.

CanadaDoug wrote:

Did you know pickle ball is the only sport in the world named after a dog?

Also little known:  the Canary Islands in the eastern Atlantic Ocean were named for dogs.

The former Spanish colony of islands -- Islas Canarias -- derived its name from a Latin phrase meaning "islands of dogs."  In a previous época, large dogs were known to roam the islands.

----

Ironically, the islands were not named for the bird species of canary.  It's the other way around:  the birds were named after the Canary Islands.

source: Wikipedia

We are playing beach tennis in Boca Grande, Cartagena.   It is similar to pickle ball but the net is high off the ground (sand) rather than on the floor.

jprice19 wrote:

We are playing beach tennis in Boca Grande, Cartagena.   It is similar to pickle ball but the net is high off the ground (sand) rather than on the floor.

Hard to envision.

Post photos of this activity on the main Colombia forum, please.

cccmedia

Hi cccmedia

You can watch videos of beach tennis on youtube.

We are playing in front of Shopping NAO in Boca grande.  We are also playing at a complex in Barceloneta.

Thanks. Beach tennis sounds interesting. Is the net as high as a volleyball net? Do you use a tennis racquet? Do you use a tennis ball?  Do you serve like you do in tennis (overhand) or like you do in Pickleball (underhand). Is the court size the same as a volley ball court? Since it is sand I assume the ball can't touch the ground.

A picture would be worth a thousand words.