Moving to Guatemala

Do you have any problems with receiving water or problems with the electricity?   I had spoken to people who said they had electricity go off frequently and they had weeks without receiving water.

It really depends on the town and time of year. I used to have water only twice a week, so I put in a cistern, but now we usually have water all the time. Electricity has been more reliable with the exception of when a bus crashes into a power pole or there is a storm. I have a generator for emergencies.

Hi !
I guess it depends on the region. I moved one month ago in Santa Cruz la Laguna, on the shore of Lake Atitlan. It is a tiny village but we had only one electric cut and it lasted 2 minutes. We didn't experience problems with water yet !
Good luck in your researches !

Thank you for your response and sharing information

By the way, I am currently in the process of buying a house in the region, and I am dealing with this real estate agent : Real Estate Atitlan, very nice houses around the lake !

I like am most interested in that region can you tell me if they have any rentals there?  To purchase a house where does the price range start in the lake atitilan region and neighboring villages

Yes there's a lot of rentals, here, the prices per month are from 250 to 800 USD + per month depending on the standing and the location.
To buy a house, it also really depends a lot on which village you want, if you want to be on the shore of the lake, etc ... but you can find very nice and spacious houses from 80 000 USD up to 600 000 or 1 million :)
If you need a real estate help, you can contact Armand Boissy at atitlansolutions[a]gmail.com he will guide you as he is a real estate expert since 25 years here :)

Thank you so much for this information

Does anyone know anything about living in valle Nuevo?