Banking in Sosua ?

Hi Everyone!!

Looking for your thoughts/opinions/advise.  We are traveling to Sosua in a couple of weeks to possible purchase property (already have an agent ) what I'm curious about is we obviously don't want to travel with extra funds, would I be able to access that cash in my Scotia account in Canada down there? Would it be in US funds?

Thanks!!
Lori

You can use your cards to access your scotia accounts here. If you use an ATM machine you get Dominican Pesos, you can go into the bank and will receive  Pesos or American dollars. 

Remember you will have a limit to how much you can access based on your bank regulations and the machines here.  At the teller I believe you are limited to your daily withdrawal at YOUR bank.

For a large transaction you will need to wire money to an account. Anything over US 10,000 needs to show source of funds and reason for wire.  It will take a week or more.

thanks great to know!!!

You are very welcome.

and welcome to the forums!! Feel free to ask whatever you need to know, we do our best to help!

See Carlos the manager at Banco Santa Cruz. Tell him the Gypsy bicker, Tamas sent you & watch the smile on his face.  He will answer all your questions & recommend the most efficient way to resolve your dilemma. He speaks fluent English & will not push his bank to be your bank here. I've known him for almost twenty years. A good honest man. He also likes to bake bread, cakes & such. Worth a visit.