Divorce in the Philippines Family code Article 26 para 2

As there are many questions about divorce and always the same answers that it is impossible in the Philippines, I put the the official text from the Family code :

Art. 26. All marriages solemnized outside the Philippines, in accordance with the laws in force in the country where they were solemnized, and valid there as such, shall also be valid in this country, except those prohibited under Articles 35 (1), (4), (5) and (6), 3637 and 38. (17a)

Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law. (As amended by Executive Order 227)

This second paragraph applied also when the marriage happened in the Philippines.... Two of my friends (French) divorced even though they were married in the Philippines. There ex wives were able to marry again...

Of course it is the foreigner who has to file the divorce in his own country.

I complete, the muslims of the Philippines are allowed also to divorce :

Presidential Decree No. 1083, or the Code of Muslim Personal Laws of the Philippines, allows divorce as “the formal dissolution of the marriage bond …  to be granted only after the exhaustion of all possible means of reconciliation between the spouses.”

Reasons for divorce

The Muslim Code allows different forms of cutting marital ties, including situations where the man may seek “perpetual divorce” from his wife when the wife commits adultery (divorce by li'an), or if a wife seeks release from marriage when the husband commits “unusual cruelty,” suffers from insanity or affliction of incurable disease, or neglects family support for six consecutive months, among other conditions (divorce by faskh).