Buying property

Helo,

I would like to know from some of your experience and knowledge, how hard or easy was it to purchase a house in Panama. Many paid cash and if not, how was the process in getting a mortgage out there.

Thank you!

It is not too difficult, less hassle than you might think given the right abogado and a bit of spanish. there is title search, and electronic listing in the registry govt website once your buy is complete. l have not had to mortgage so there's that. Just be sure a vetted lawyer who is not slippery does your deal. PM if you'd like more as in who where whatnot.

Great info! I plan on visiting some time this year to take a look

damn near impossible for a gringo to get a mortgage unless he is buying an apartment or a house  the bank has ,, then it may take 3 or 4 years as in my wife's case that is a Panamanian with a good job  30 % down for you and based on your age the terms !!  at 70 i  qualify for a 1 year loan with life insurance jajajajaj   so unless you can get a tote the note with a lot down i would not even consider trying //

i have bought and sold 3 properties for cash on those terms carried the cerdit until thue sold something or resold the property and paid me off ,, i have two right now 21.65 hectares near lake gatun with two year round streams on it titled in a corporation ready to develop looking for buyer or partners and my house on t hill overlooking lake gatun is titled and has webb site as a campground appraised for 232,000 ,, so some good buys out there and is a buyers market but very little financing for resale market

Thank you for that info! Much appreciated

For buying property in Panama it
Might be worth checking foreclosures for sale. Check them out panamaforeclosure.com

Thank you