Moving out of Germany.. currently on Vis

Hello everyone, my name is Evan. I grew up in San Diego, Ca. I have lived the last 3+ years in Germany and unfortunately died and was resuscitated.. my recovery there was completely unacceptable and over 2 years later have received nothing from German government for compensation.  I took all my things to Croatia thinking I could rent a place with my money but I've been looking in Split and having an extremely difficult time.. They just want tourist stays of something like 1-4 months. I was wondering if anyone had leads on something long term.. rent. At least a year. I have 0 intention of going back to Germany.. it was dangerous for my mental health at that point. I'm sitting on Vis with all my belongings and rented from an American woman till March 6th. So I have got to find something by then or pack up and go elsewhere. Any leads or advice is welcomed!! Cheers

Temporary stay

The FIRST TEMPORARY STAY PERMIT should be requested at the competent diplomatic mission or consular post of the Republic of Croatia (Article 48(1) of the Aliens Act).

An alien may apply for the first temporary stay permit at a local police administration or a police station in the following cases:

serious humanitarian reasons
    request for the family reunification with a Croatian national or an asylee
    where the person concerned is the holder of a scholarship within the framework of a programme approved by the ministry responsible for education and science matters
    work
    where the alien concerned comes for scientific researches.

Exceptionally, an employer may on behalf of an alien and on the basis of a work permit apply for the first temporary stay for the purpose of work at the same time while applying for a work permit (Article 48 (4) of the Aliens Act).
Temporary stay shall be granted on the following grounds:

family reunification
    work
    secondary school education and university-level studies
    scientific researches
    humanitarian grounds

Exceptionally, an alien may be granted temporary stay for other purposes as well, for a maximum period of 6 months within a single year (Article 51 of the Aliens Act).

Autonomous stay – a type of temporary stay which shall be granted to aliens who have been granted temporary stay for the purpose of family reunification for an uninterrupted four-year period at least, provided that they meet the conditions for granting temporary stay in the Republic of Croatia (Article 61(1) of the Aliens Act). Autonomous stay may be granted to spouses or unmarried partners, children coming of age and to parents and adoptive parents of minor children (Article 61 (2) of the Aliens Act).

The Ordinance on the manner of calculating and the height of the means of subsistence for aliens in the Republic of Croatia (Official Gazette, No:88/09) proscribes the manner of calculating and the height of the minimum means of subsistence needed by aliens as a minimum for granting of temporary and permanent stay in the Republic of Croatia. The relevant provisions came into force on 30 July 2009.