New members of the Vanuatu forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Vanuatu forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Vanuatu if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi

I'm a clinical hospital pharmacist based in nsw Australia. I have a keen interest in antimicrobial stewardship and quality use of medicines.

What work May there be available in Vanuatu?

Hi everyone & thanks for adding me to this forum/site.  My husband and myself are ex England living in New Zealand for the last 16 years.  We have a lovely life here in NZ but have decided it's time to start looking to the future and where we would like to end up retiring to and Vanuatu is currently at the top of our list so I thought this would be a great place to start getting info that's more personal than taking a holiday  :D:cheers:

Hi Everyone,
My husband have fallen in love with Vanuatu, the people and the land, We are looking at buying property and setting up a business on Efate in the next year or so. I thought this page would be a great little resource for tips and tricks along the way. Cheers

Hi everyone. My wife 2 kids and me are relocating to Port Vila January 2019 and looking to link up with some like minded people there. We have been to Vanuatu several times and married there in Pango. Absolutely love the place and can't wait.  Let's hope we can connect with some expats. Any one have any tips?
Thanks very much

Greetings to all,
I'm a passionate psychosocial supports professional from Liberia,West Africa with a staunch desire to serve humanity in Vanuatu. I'm open to any viable insight and collaborations.
Anxiously awaiting your comments and suggestions....

Cheerful!

Hi there, not sure what I can help you with as I'm still new here myself but once you have bought a land then I can help you with building on it. I could also help you finding one with my long experience in Sydney as builder and developer it took me less than two weeks to find one for me. My contacts are *** or ***

Moderated by Chris 5 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone!
We are Chris and Paola, (former) American and Italian, and sooooooo love Vanuatu. We are moving from our organic farm in Tuscany to Vanuatu.

We are in Costa Rica at the moment, and returning to Vanuatu around Sept 2018.

Greetings and looking forward to meeting you in the future.
Cheers!

Hi, all I am a property developer and also appointed trade commissioner for Vanuatu to Australasia have been promoting investment into Vanuatu for 10 years.

Our company helps with passports and citizenship and residency via investment it's a great place for relocation being so close to Asia and Australia and is a truly a paradise for those looking to start a business in tourism, the opportunity is best around the main island of Efate in the capital of Port Vila.

Efate island has a population of about  60,000 living on it with about 45,000 in the main living area of Port Vila all speak English, and are friendly by nature.

Reach out to me for more info

Great to hear from you Richard, I'm living in Port Vila for two and half years now with over thirty years of experience as builder/developer around eastern suburbs of Sydney. If still active in property development and need a hand then I'm looking for work opportunities.

Regard,
Nasser Asasi

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

thanks for mail will keep you in mind

Hi guys, we are thinking of buying or building a home in Vanuatu and holiday letting it until we retire there in a couple of years. We would love to hear from you and to work out what to avoid or embrace on this exciting journey for us.

Hi please look at [link moderated] regards Richard Butler

Congratulations on your choice and decision! Now two and half years in Vanuatu with over thirty years experience as builder/developer in eastern suburbs of Sydney can help you to build your dream home here and perhaps help you find a land to buy too, I found and bought mine in less than two weeks.

Regards,
Nasser Asasi

Hi Everyone:)

We are a South African family (kids 2yr & 5yr) looking into Vanuatu for our exodus out of our home country. We just returned from a 2 week stay in Port Villa and the place blew our minds! We looked at properties and will hopefully make a offer soon. I have a million questions and would appreciate any and all info/tips.
KEEP ON SMILING

Sumi

Congratulations on your choice and decision! Now two and half years in Vanuatu with over thirty years experience as builder/developer in eastern suburbs of Sydney can help you build your dream home here and perhaps help you find a land to buy too, I found and bought mine in the first weeks.

Hi Nasser

I was interested in your post if you can message me back with your contact details would like to have a coffee ??

Thanks Michael

Hi, I have lived here for 17 years and now a citizen. Have had many businesses here.
What are you going to do in Vanuatu?

Cheers,
John

Hi Michael,
Not sure if contact details can be posted her. Give me a day and time and I meet you somewhere in Vila.

Michael, Alternatively you can contact me via imo or Facebook, look me up by my name “Nasser Asasi”

Hi All,

Love Vanuatu specifically Santo after visiting a few times now.
Long term plan is to invest and either live part time or full time down the track.
My wife is a high school teacher and I am an IT Manager based in Brisbane.
Open to opportunities in Vanuatu and also will include volunteer work down the track.

Hi there, my husband and I are both dentists and are coming to do some voluntary work in Port Vila next Sept/Oct. We will be be working for 10 days and then travelling for a week or so.
We will be travelling with our 3 boys (14,12 and 10)
We'd love to get some ideas of
1.where to stay for the 10 days in Port Vila whilst we're working. No accomodation is provided with our placement.
2.any contacts at Central Port Vila school as we are hoping our boys can go to school for a week or so whilst we work
3.some tips on what to do after school around Port Vila with the kids
4.where to go after our work has finished

Many thanks
Helen

Hi forum members!
Glad to have found this forum. Dont know where to start really...

Im Asyraf from Malaysia. Ive been offered a construction project in Vanuatu and hoping if someone could share some information on wages and other constructionwok  related information.

Thanks a lot!

Asyraf.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830424

Thanks!

Closed