New members of the Vanuatu forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Vanuatu forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Vanuatu if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello everyone my partner and I are considering relocating to Vanuatu. We'd like to retire earlier than 67 so we're looking for a country where life is cheaper. Any information and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hello christiannemj,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Thank you for the intro!

Any specific topic you would like to discuss with other people who once had the same plans as you?

Feel free to start a new thread on the Vanuatu forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi All,

I have received an offer from my employer to work in Vanuatu in their new office. I have been living in  Sydney, Australia, for the past 4 years, but I am not sure whether to move there or not. I don't know how life will be in Vanuatu. If someone moved to Vanuatu recently, can you guys explain how was the transition? anything difficult?

Thank you.

@Julien

Halo. Sue H. here.  Recently moved here along with my terrier cross dog.  I am starting  my own business. 

I am Canadian-New Zealander.

I speak pretty ok Pisin not Bislama as yet - so hoping to get fluent in Bislama with some time and practice.

My hobbies are freediving and photographyy - both on land and marine. Love macro subjects in particular.

So at present just getting household living organized and exploring Port Vila and surrounds.

Have been on holiday here several times before and living here is of course different - challenging, exciting.

I really enjoy people's stories and experiences  be they Ni-Vanuatu or people from other lands and cultures.

Hello Sue,

Thank you for this lovely introduction.

It's great that you are trying to learn the local language1f609.svg

It will make communication much easier.

Feel free to start new threads on the Vanuatu forum and to update us about your life there1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Julien my name is Abdulgafar Oladimeji, I am sports journalist, football coach, football scout. I am interesting in setting up a sports boz in Vanuatu.

@Julien  thank you for your welcome letter.

Am here looking for an opportunity to work in Vanuatu.

I am an experienced hotelier living in Kenya with a valid passport and I wish to grow my experienced wings abroad and add value to hospitality industry in Vanuatu.

I will appreciate any recommendations from this forum and hotels willing to take up an exptratiate from Kenya.

Thank you and looking forward to interact with like minded expats here.

Victoria Ndawa

Hello Victoria,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in Vanuatu section of the website.

I would also suggest that you google search for hotels and send them your spontaneous candidacy through their websites.

All the best

Bhavna

@Victoria Wathikwa

Hi Victoria,

I have lived in Vanuatu for 23 yrs and there are a couple of places to look for job opportunities in Vanuatu. Wok i Kik on Facebook, Link Personnel Services would be good places to start.

Hi Everyone!!

My wife has just accepted a teaching role for next year, so our family (wife, me, 6yo son and his cat) are moving from Australia to Port Vila at the beginning of 2024. Having holidayed there many times previously, we're really looking forward to the prospect of residing in Vanuatu permanently.. I have some questions so will create a new thread elsewhere. I'm sure it has been covered, but not sure how recently so.

Regards,

Mark

Hello and welcome on board, Mark !

Thank you for sharing a few words with us! Congratulations to your wife on her new teaching role.

Indeed, details can change over time, so it's always a good idea to seek up-to-date information.

Wishing you and your family a smooth and exciting journey as you prepare for this new chapter in your lives.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1056230

Thanks!

Closed