New members of the Tanzania forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tanzania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tanzania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all,
I was moved in Dar es Salaam with my daughter in august, from Hungary. Im looking for friends and playmates for my daughter.

Radiszilvia wrote:

Hi all,
I was moved in Dar es Salaam with my daughter in august, from Hungary. Im looking for friends and playmates for my daughter.

hello, feel free to contact me.

Hi all,
I've been in Nungwi, Zanzibar for just over a month now, originally from Australia but away from home for last 2 and a half years, travelling mainly in Africa.
I'm looking for work in Nungwi so that I can stay here in Paradise 😀
If anybody has any leads or contacts please drop me a line. I was doing social work at home but have been working on an overland truck travelling East and Southern Africa.
Thanks in advance!!
Aussieone

Hello everyone. I am Dr Ogah, a Pediatrician. I have been in TZ(Dar es Salaam) for the past 4 years with my family. Just learnt about this forum from a colleague.
I have 2 vehicles for sale.
If you are interested, pls contact me at ***Thank you

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi guys

Also looking for a job in Zanzibar or Tanzania.
I'm a teacher (teaching secondary grade now...) but I have the High school teaching diploma.
I've been working as a teacher for the past three years.
Any help is welcome!

Thank you.

Hello everyone and welcome on board.

@ Ogah, feel free to post an advert in the dedicated section of the website so that interested buyers may contact you.

- Vehicles classifieds in Tanzania

Click on post your ad.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello Everyone,

I am pretty much excited to get in touch and make connections with some expats in Zanzibar, feel free to say hello!

I am a FIlipina, currently living in Dubai and I will be moving to Zanzibar for (holidays/job) who knows! in couple of months.

Let's have a talk!

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free promotion of your services is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey I'm James 20 years old looking to move to Tanzania  from Kenya hope to  interact more with all of you

Welcome James

Hello try  to search Latham schools in dar es salaam they have openings

Helo my name is bela living in  dar es salaam  i am looking for job as nanny  am ready to work  outside of my country

Hello, I'm planning to move to Dar in a year. I would love some pointers on getting settled.

I enjoy fishing and swimming.

Hi, I am Rahma, born and raised in Australia but originally from Eritrea (East Africa). My husband and I plan to move to Tanzania at the end of this year. He will be going to Tanzania at the end of the week to sort of 'scout' the country before we make our move. Does anybody have any advice on what he should do/where he should go in order to better facilitate our eventual move?

Also, any other advice is much appreciated!

Hi,
Steven from Arusha looking for business friends,I do have a car garage and I also supply building materials.

I say karibu.

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : Please post in the classifieds section. Thank you

Hi,

You can also try in Arusha.

Most welcome

Hi Rahman! what kind of facilities you need?

Hi Rahman
Please check your PM for tips and information!
Karibu

Hi all! Thank you for letting us be part of this blog! We are two friends from Hermanus in South Africa, and joint this site as we would love to run a lodge in Tanzania. Been a lifelong dream for the both of us, and due to circumstances in our home town we are now making a real effort to fulfill this dream! So if you know of anything, please keep us in mind, or let us know! Francois and Nanette

Welcome! What exactly is it your are looking for? Information... How to's? Sending you a PM and I'll see how I can help you there.
Karibu Tanzania!

Hi Orga,

What vehicles brand do you have and how much are you intending to sell them?

Thanks
Edgar Edmunds

I am George , born and raised in Dar es salaam, im really happy to be here!!! thanks

Hi...what would you like to know,. Maybe I can assist.I also have a dream owning and operating a lodge.

Hi, my name is Shona and I am a Jamaican-American currently living and working in South Korea.  I have been to Africa a few times  - and I hope to retire in a safe country there.  Tanzania (due to some family history) is on my list.  I would appreciate any information - best places to live , costs of renting, and so on.  I plan to retire in 3-4 years.

Thanks,

Shona

HI, Anny, I am trying to get ideas as I would like to retire in 3-4 years and move somewhere - I like everything I have seen about Tanzania - I am trying to get an idea of good places to live, costs, and so on. What businesses are feasible in Tanzania - I imaging based on area - I have always wanted to start a clothing consignment shop or something to do with children - daycare - or something with pets - dogs - a lodge would require more money down and I haven't read good things about expats buying property - my sister's husband is also from Tanzania and they own a house or two there - I belive in Dar.  Just trying to get ideas that I can research and plan around.

ShonaJJJ

Hi Shonajj,
I'm sending you a PM where you can specify your questions and I will try to answer due to my knowledge :)

Hi.. I'm from Zanzibar can we chat as a friend

Hello everybody,

I recently moved to Arusha for an internship and I would love to get to know some people to discover this beautiful city with :)

You are most welcome though I live in Dar

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory

Hi all,
I am in Dar for 3 months . I would like to discover the city. Thank you

Hello everybody!

I am Fatemeh, from Iran. I have decided to come to Dar Es Salaam and find a job. I also have a schooler child and need to know more about the city, and how to rent a flat. I'll be really grateful if somebody could give me some information.

Best,
Fatemeh

You are most welcome Fatemeh

hiii,

so whats your tanzanian plans?

Hello All,
I will coming very soon to dar el Salem for my next project and going to stay there for atlest 2 years.i would like to meet new friends I have company bungalow of 3bhk but I would like to know like how much I have to pay for maid as well as I need to buy car how much it will cost.can someone tell me basic information about expenses and places to visit.

Thanks

Hello. It is very encouraging to read these introductions. I hope to relocate to Dar es salaam in one year, though I will be there for 4 months this fall. I am a writer, anthropologist, teacher, translator, and editor. I know that reading posts in this forum will be inspiring.
With good wishes,
N.

Hi friend,

You're  welcome in Tanzania.  Don't hesitate to contact us once you came. 
Thanks

Closed