New members of the Luxembourg forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Luxembourg forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Luxembourg if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I am here in Luxembourg since 4 months and in search of good friends. Feel free to message me for growing friendship.

Hi, I'm a mum of two young kids. Moved to lux in December. Would be happy to make new friends. Being an expat in the countryside can be lonely.

Introducing myself :

I am CEO / co-owner of an IT company in the US (New York city) and have just started our subsidiary in Luxembourg. Our group company has been listed on Nasdaq since 1968. I will be traveling every other month to Luxembourg and staying for extended period of time, to try and grow our company in Europe.

I love Europe. I bought an apartment in Bonnevoie, Luxembourg and very much enjoying my new home and the neighborhood. I keep very busy on the week days but weekends are challenging, trying to find activities and friends to engage with.  I love traveling and exploring, watching good films, listening to music and learning about people and places....so much to do and so little time on this planet earth :)

I would love to help and share what I have, so feel free to reach out.

Niv

Hi all,

I just arrived to Luxembourg from Canada.

I am new here and interested in discovering, meeting new people, learning languages....

I am also looking for outdoor activities and sports clubs (Beach volley ball for example :) )

Thank you :)

Sonia

Hello everyone!

I'm Jessica. Currently organizing my documents for dual citizenship to Luxembourg. I'm in college working towards an engineering degree. I'm interested in visiting and possibly moving to Luxembourg. 

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Hi everyone!

I'm looking forward to moving to Luxembourg in the next few months.

I'm looking at some Facebook groups to see how life is and what problems expats are facing.
I have to admit that after reading a lot of comments I'm worried about renting a flat and how landlords aren't good at all.
I hope everything goes well when I move there.

Best regards!

Hi everyone,

I came to Luxembourg 4 months ago for my PhD study. It is a little complicated situation because i'm actually a French student, but my professor sent me to here for promoting his business in Luxembourg. So I did not manage to make many friends here, and look forward to making new friends from different countries to share our thoughts and enjoy the life in Luxembourg :)

Hi Sonia,

Just like you, i am looking new friends in Luxembourg, and it seems quite challenging because it seems everyone has someone to keep company with. And i also would like to learn languages to better communicate with locals

Maybe we can meet and know each other some time :D

Best,
Tingting

Good Day to all,

My name is Randy, my wife and I are from the Philippines and we just moved in Luxembourg last July.

We are new in this country and looking forward to make new friends :)

Hi 😊
I'm Zoe. I can understand you perfectly. I moved to Trier ( Germany) 4 years ago and haven't made any friends yet.
If you would like we could stay in contact and maybe meet someday and have a cup of coffee.
Best regards,
Zoe

The answer was ment for cosimadandelion🙈

HELLO

Thanks for sharing your views.

I am from Mauritius and planning to move to Luxembourg for a working lifestyle.

I am looking for opportunities in  accounting/auditing/taxation services in luxembourg.

I am a highly motivated individual with impeccable judgement.

I have interest in driving, swimming and exploring the nature.

Hi NivDG

Glad to see your post and congratulations for the subsidiary in luxembourg.

I am in search of a job in luxembourg.

Can you help me out?

@ Yajnahurreechurn >

This thread has been created for the introduction of new members only.
For your job search, i would rather advise you to create a free ad in the jobs in Luxembourg section, it might help the employers to reach you more easily.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830141

Thanks!

Closed