FIlipino Citizen applying for Freelancer Visa

Hi Everyone!

Got a question for my fellow filipinoes, Im planning to get my sister here in Berlin in tourist visa but I would like her to switch from tourist to freelance visa, has anyone gone through this experience and would like to share it?

TIA!

Best ask the German consulate or Embassy in Philippines. Germany is already flooding with refugees, and the welfare system is taxed dealing with all of them, so if you want to bring your sister to Berlin, please make sure than she has work and can afford to live there.

Zamboanguena1986 wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Got a question for my fellow filipinoes, Im planning to get my sister here in Berlin in tourist visa but I would like her to switch from tourist to freelance visa, has anyone gone through this experience and would like to share it?

TIA!

An older post but worth answering. NO. One cannot change a tourist visa to any other kind of visa. And there is no such thing as a "freelancer visa" per se. One gets a work visa, which is possible as a freelancer, if one meets the conditions. And one does not “get a visa” for a sibling. The poster has no involvement. The sister has to apply herself in her country of residence. One can apply in Germany for a family reunion visa to bring a spouse or minor child – but not a sibling.