The best apps for expats in Tanzania

Hello,

We invite you to share information regarding some of the apps that have helped to facilitate your move abroad in Tanzania. This will help expats-to-be who are making the move as well.

Which apps did you use while preparing your move to Tanzania?

What apps do you use the most for your everyday life in Tanzania: whether it's for transport, managing finances, general information, learning the language of your host country, leisure activities, etc.?

How does this technology help you in your everyday life as an expat?

Which apps would you recommend to expatriates in Tanzania and why?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Apps that are good to have:

Uber or Taxify - Great option for transportation, you can choose to rent a car or a Bajaji when there is alot of traffic.

M-pesa App - You should definitely get a mobile wallet if you are planning to stay longer than 3 months.. All Carriers have mobile wallet but most popular are Vodacom  M-pesa and TIGO - TIGOpesa.

Perks of having a Mobile wallet:
SAFER  - You don't runt around with cash and can withdraw at almost any store in any corner during morning up to midnight.
EASIER - To quickly transfer money to anyone even if it's just transport money.
ESSENTIAL - Buying electricity (LUKU) Topping Up, Pay you water bills etc etc Can even be used at restaurants to pay for your dinner :)

REBTEL -  Calling abroad, this app is cheap and amazing! Beats out Facebook and watsapp. Cheap calls that are direct line to line. You will thank me later!

For accommodation I would say ZoomTanzania but don't trust everything you see, make sure to find a trusted agent that will provide you with the best deals.

That's all I could think of for now, For any questions feel free to PM me!
Karibu Tanzania

Yes Uber and Taxify is good apps you can use and very affordable fare.

For Selling and buying i m using Facebook you can get accommodation.

For calling facebook and whatsup is good.

Regards
Shabbir