Finding employment in Australia while overseas?

I have been researching the usual...indeed, seek, adzuna

for those that have found employment while still overseas, where did you start?

hubby is Australian/Canadian but has lived all his life in Canada therefore no Australian experience. I'm Canadian.

how feasible will it be for him to find employment in Australia while still in Canada?

ideally we would like for him to secure his employment before we move.

any suggestions are greatly welcomed!

If he is an Oz citizen, has Oz passport then he can work in Australia.
Getting a job depends on what his field of expertise is, and whether he has any formal qualifications. Lack of Oz experience will be a hurdle. He can apply whilst overseas.

He should research employment agencies in Oz and send them his CV. Google search for jobs (example "engineer jobs australia") in which he is comfortable to work. Keep looking on seek, adzuna, etc. It will not be easy but will require patience.

He could look at coming to Oz for a time and searching whilst in country and so have face to face interviews.

thank you Stumpy for the info.

We applied for my visa (309) so now we wait but was hoping he lands employment before our move

He has Oz passport. However as you said he does not have Oz experience which we know will be tough

Sadly he can't take that much time off work , longest he can take is 2 weeks which may not be enough to land interviews but may be enough for him to see agencies.....

his field of expertise= civil engineering in construction

There is an excellent Australian Business Directory that I used when I visited the Australian Embassy in Wash DC years ago before my trip to Australia. My background is Finance and I used the directory to identify key executives in my field and was able to set up a number of interviews before my trip. I sent an introductory letter/resume combo to these folks indicating I would be in Sydney and wanted to know if I could meet with a senior member of management to discuss opportunities. The response was excellent and I had a number of interviews.

Your husband can do the same thing for his field. The Australian Embassy in Canada can help you with the business directory since they have a small library where you can do the research if its set up like the location in DC.

thank you tmwolk

much appreciated