Getting a married visa for Indonesia

Hi ive been married to my Indonesian wife for 18 years and we both live in England. In the next couple of years we would like to go and live in Indonesia. Is it easy for me to get a married visa. We were married in Indonesia in a muslim ceromony and have the certificate. We have not been back though in 10 years and are so far out the loop on regulations. My wifes family are in local  goverment and her brother is high up in the police. Can they sponsor me and would it make a difference. Thanks Lee

You should post on Indonesia, it's Vietnam forum here

Hi Leepeter1975,

Welcome to Expat.com

Please note that your thread is now on the Indonesia forum.

Chris
Expat.com

Leepeter1975 wrote:

Hi ive been married to my Indonesian wife for 18 years and we both live in England. In the next couple of years we would like to go and live in Indonesia. Is it easy for me to get a married visa.

The connections won't hurt you but you'll get a visa with ease as you're married to an Indonesian and were wed in this country.
The embassy in London will be able to look after everything but you might need to produce bank statements to prove you can live here without working.

You're after a wife sponsored KITAS, a document that gives you one year living here but work isn't allowed.
Ask if you can get a 5 year KITAP, but that used to only be available after 2 KITAS years.

If you intend to leave Indonesia from time to time, ask for a MERP (exit, re-entry permit)

Thank you I will ring the embassy

Did your wife obtain British citizenship? If so she will possibly have to give that up
If just long term stay I presume her Indonesian documents have been kept up to date through her Embassay in London
If she's just renewed her Indonesian passports whilst in the UK it would be advisable to bring the old ones with you when arrive to show the original uk Visa and exit stamp when she left Indonesia, could possibly pose a problem or get appropriate documents from the embassy in London, I / we found them difficult on occasions to contact by telephone, just keep trying them

visa 317 indonesian wife sponsor visa,kitas 317 valid for one year renewable

requirements:

1. passport copy
2. marriage certificate
3. kk (wife)
4. ktp (wife)
5. sponsor letter
6, bank account
7.forms from immigration

- telex to be process
- vitas to stamp
-merp to pay at immigration