Is Medical required for an GCC Residing Expat

Hi Friends,
I'm an Expat currently living in Kuwait. I got an opportunity in Oman, Do I need to do Medical?
The HR of the Oman company says for the expat Residing in GCC does not require to do medical. Is it like that. After coming to Oman do I need to do medical again there. HR says my employment clearance is done, is it possible to check that online myself.
Thank you...

Hi MGRAJEESH,

Whatever instructions are given to a would-be employee / expat employee by the company representative - H.R. / PRO / Sponsor must be followed.

Since no one else but them would know the exact status of the candidate's employment status, it is better not to question their advice.

Moreover, it is only them who would be liaising with the government officials on behalf of the candidate. So only they would be the best ones to trust.

Mostly, the expatriate candidates have little or no say in anything official. That is how the system works in the Sultanate.

Thank you..

Hi Sumitran, MGRAJEESH - I am currently working in Saudi and received an offer from Oman as well. The recruitment personnel had asked for my last medical check-up result here (yearly check-up). But there's no mention of re-doing it again.

The last time we spoke (last week), he told me that the company is going to proceed with necessary arrangements with government bodies and will advice me when it's cleared out. Only then shall I tender my resignation.

I'm curious at this stage what exactly are going on with the employment process? And what would be the typical duration for that to complete?

I hope you would be able to share insights, thank you in advance!

Hi modjo,

Companies require the Ministry of Manpower's Labour Clearance before any expatriate could be hired.

Getting this labour clearance is no mean task since the company has to meet with many requirements. What these requirements are and how long the process could take have all been provided multiple times on the forum.

So kindly do a simple site search and help yourself to the wealth of information already available on the above said topic.

Hi Sumitran, thanks for the pointer - the key phrases in your reply would definitely help me to navigate through the vast wealth of knowledge and wisdom here  :D 

Thanks again, and God bless you for being such a great help around here!