Experiences of Casa Linda owners

Hi: we are coming to Sosua in February to check out properties for a move next year. Casa Linda looks to be a wonderful development with lots of purchasing or building options. I would like to hear from those that have purchased one of the villas. For those that own and rent out, what is your experience? Do you generate enough income to cover all the costs?

We would ideally like to rent for 6 months to 1 year, then purchase/build. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

We're also going to be in Sosua in February looking for our long term home and have seen some nice properties online. Looking forward to seeing some of the Vilas in Case Linda!

We are also visiting Sosua and the north coast in February and will be looking at Casa linda as well. We would love to hear the thoughts and opinions of those that purchased from this development as well. Thank you!

Hi there

We've been several time to DR and are coming back next February.  I confess we did not like Casa Linda but of course that's a personal opinion.  The whole of that side of the road we did not like.  There are lots of other developments on the other side of the road like Playa Laguna, Playa Chiquita, Sea Horse, Ocean Sands and Perla marina.  Anyway you are right to rent before you buy to get a feel for the place.

Good luck

Ducketts

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We will have a look at the other ones you mentioned

"Ducky" is right, explore & read & meet people.  Shed your preconceived notions & open your minds to the endless options that life has to offer.  My life, philosophy & life style keeps me away from the compound gated community way of life.  Many, many people need & enjoy that type of life. Spend enough time learning about the myriad of alternatives.  You may find out things & thoughts that before would be foreign to you.  The tcket for life's ride is a one way ticket.  Make the most of the ride.  You can always change the buses, but not the destination.  Welcome & good luck in your search.

Casa Linda is a well run community and we in fact have sold houses in there to multiple clients.
I would tell you to look around as there are lots of options in many communities.  It all depends on what your wants are, what kind of budget you are looking at. So come down and look around.  We actually live up the hill from Casa Linda and rent in there when we were building our villa.
Bob K

We just bought a great "apartment/condo" in Sosua at Don Quixote. It is at the top of the hill, behind the Playero, by the Castillo Mundo, and are very pleased with it. Small community. Walking distance to everywhere.

Hi Tinker:
Thanks for sharing your life's philosophy. I actually am exploring all options, that is why I posed the question on Casa Linda.  I would like to hear from people who have purchased and live in that particular complex to get a feel for how they are to deal with and what (if any) surprises to watch out for.

Thanks Bob.

We need a house or villa as we will be moving with our animals. One dog and 3 cats. My biggest concern is finding a rental that will allow us to have the animals....so we wanted to check out purchasing options as well when we come in February.

Thanks Christie -  we will be moving with our "fur babies"...lol... so no condo for us.

PM me with a budget and I will recommend some places to look at.  We sold real estate for the first 6 years we were here.

Bob K

Your welcome Franny6.  Tis but a smidgeon (sp) of my thoughts on the travails & challenges  that we meet in this glorious adventure called life.  We are but mere tourists passing through.

We have a dog. But, you probably need more of a yard. We have a great realtor that took us around Sosua in November. PM me if you would like her info.

Bob K, quick question, how much was a long term rent in Casa Linda?

$750 or so to $1200 depending on the size, location and age of the villa.

Bob K

Cheers Bob, any contact info or sites? The only ones I seem to find are for short term holiday let's and are about a hundred bucks a night😀

Here is a link to their site. You should be able to get the info on long term rentals here.
https://rentals.casalindacity.com/vacationrentals/

Bob K

Thanks again

You are welcome.  Good luck

Bob K