Raising kids in Singapore

Hello everyone,

How is raising kids in Singapore different from raising kids in your home country?

What are the activities that your kids seem to enjoy the most in Singapore?

Do you feel that the country is "family-friendly"?

Do you recommend Singapore as a good place to raise kids? Why or why not?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

We were in Singapore until my daughter was 2.5 years old, now in Europe.
Singapore has very good facilities for kids (child care, schools, etc.), but everything is geared towards achieving results. There is no room for free play and developing an own creativity.
I believe kids are better off elsewhere and, given the cost and stress for the parents, it is no wonder most Singaporeans think alike and the birth rate is so low.

Hello
Singaporean loves kids and I love Singapore personally. Life is cool and very safe here.But one thing Iam not happy here.Honestly speaking ppl here in Singapore are totally different than our home country.ppl here care about others than their kid happiness.They think what ppl will think what ppl will say blah blah.If your child show their happiness then they act like elien. They start staring. this is really sad truth here. But not all ppl are like that. Overall Iam talking abt.There are some good ppl as well who support u in every way.The most important thing is we all are safe here and we must appreciate those forces. So definitely our kids will learn something better😊