Cabarete expat coffee or cocktails gathering location?

Hi gang,

I'm preparing (packing) for a year long walkabout. At the moment I'm planning to spend much of the year looking for a compatible town in the DR for my retirement.

I expect to be in Cabarete until march and then to Las Terrenas for a spell.  I'm expecting for my espanole to return to my tongue in a couple of months. Like riding a bike right?  I'm a farm boy from Maryland and Cabarete would be a metropolis for me.

Where do you all gather as an expat group? Look for the 50 year old bald guy with glasses in late November.

Best

Austin Reed

Welcome to the forums Austin!   Take your time and enjoy this adventure!   There are lots and lots of places in Cabarete to meet up with other expats!  Bob will have some specific ideas for you I am sure.

Please keep  us posted on your trip.

Welcome Austin.
Sounds like a great plan and a fun trip
There are lots of places to meet other Expats in the area and I am including Sosua, which has a bigger Expat presence than Cabarete in the area to look at.
In Sosua many can be found at the local bars and restaurants down town like the Brit, Jolly Rodger, El Conde, Café Cubano, Orchidee, Prada el Choco, Margot's and lot of others.
In Cabarete most of the restaurants and bars along the beach but you will find more tourists and  a younger crowd here along with a good number of Expats.
Just keep your eye out for other 50-65 year old bald folks (me 67 and bald)

Bob K

What up! I live in Cabarete. Born in Maryland (never really lived there, though). Been here 6 years. Cabarete is basically one big small coffee and cocktails gathering place. You don't need much help to find anything or anyone. But here are a few of my favorite spots:

Coffee:
Vitamin D Cafe (on Kite Beach at Agualina Hotel)
Vagamundo Coffee and Waffles (not on the beach across from La Rosa grocery store)
Fresh Fresh (Not on the beach)

Cocktails:
Mojito Bar (on the east side of beach)
Lax/Ojo (on the beach in Cabarete Bay)
La Chabola (not on the beach, in the Callejon)