Denying entry into the Philipines

Good day friends,
I am here again, earlier it was about my visa overstay in Vietnam and you guys give me awesome advice.
Now me and my friend got held in Manila, Philippines airport, when tried exiting from Vietnam to get a new visa to enter back Vietnam. We got to the Manila airport and the immigration held us for no entry.
We were asked to go back to Vietnam and here is the case we have no visa. The airline has paid for a ticket to take us back to Ghana but we will transit in Dubai.
our plans are, after arriving in Dubai, we buy a different ticket to any Visa free country close, so we sort out our visa issues and return to Vietnam.
I asked the airlines whether we will have our Passports upon arrival in Dubai to transit, they said yes but i am not sure since most cases the passport is been given to the pilot.
Please what do you guys think?  and what about the decision we have taken?
Thanks in advance and my advice to any African or Chinese or Indian trying to fly to Philippines to be very careful because their immigration are **** there. I met over 10 Africans, 15 Chinese, and some europeans been denied entry.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't use foul language.

Uhm, did you have a visa to enter The Philippines.

Do you need a visa to enter Philippines as a citizen of Ghana?  There are conflict information on the Internet -- some sites say yes while others say no.

Have you done anything that could have put you in the black book with immigration of either your country or the Philippines?   Just because the citizens of your country can enter another country doesn't mean you as a person can.

The op may have been singled out. Here's an extract from someone who lives in the Philippines:

So, I just checked for this information now. Ghanaian Passport holders may visit the Philippines without a visa for 30 days. It is extendable within the Philippines.

Although you do not need a visa, Philippine immigration officers (as I have heard on the news), scrutinizes West African passport holders a little more. Expect an interview and bring possible documentations of your identity (employment ID, perhaps). Although there's also the possibility that you'll just be let through without any problem.

Enjoy your stay in the Philippines!

PS: If you are dark skinned, Filipinos (the uneducated, younger ones) tend to tease dark skinned people a bit. Please don't mind this. The Spanish and the American occupation of the Philippines have ingrained in Filipinos' mind that lighter is better and thus the stigma.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-proc … hilippines

Note that this is not my personal opinion (it is from someone who is on the ground in Philippines). Although, me quoting him may have of course been prone to selection bias (there could well be others out there that say the Philippines welcomes Ghanaians with open arms).

Hi,

https://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa

According to the above site your country has
No visa required for a stay not exceeding thirty (30) days. Traveller must hold valid ticket for return journey to country of origin or next country of destination and a passport valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the stay in the Philippines.

I think the probable reason that they don't allow you to enter is because of not enough valid proof that you will return to your mother country unless you have a valid visa or TRC in Vietnam.

It happens to me when I'm travelling to AU via KL. In KL Filipinos are allowed to stay for 30 days without any visa. All the passengers are checked by the KL and the Australian immigration. We were ask what is the purpose of my visit and ask some documents that will justify my return to Vietnam such as ( return ticket, visa, working permit, TRC, labor contract) even I already have a valid AU tourist visa.

So they allow me to board going to AU after I show all the documents. When I returned to KL to fly back to Vietnam on the following day, the KL immigration again ask me if I have a Vietnam Visa, so I show them my TRC instead and they allow me to enter their country.

Btw, don't take it personally about the stories on your nationality entering the country. Even locals who are exiting the country is having difficulties, we have to provide lots of requirements and still being interviewed on the spot in the airport immigration.

Have a nice day and God bless you🙂