Seeking other expats in Tacloban City

Hi,

Hubby and I just moved to Tacloban a few months ago. I was born in Pastrana Leyte and had been living in the UK for the past 27 years. Hubby is british, I have dual nationality.

We would love to meet other expats in Tacloban and surrounding areas. Does anyone know if there's an organised expat group in the area?

Kind regards

Beth

Hi, I hope you are still active on this forum.  I retired to Tacloban City in March 2021.  I would like to meet other expats as well.  I'm from Maryland, USA and my wife grew up in Tacloban City.

@bethvillablancabevan

I am looking for some expats friends also in the Tacloban area. Have you had any luck?

Eric

[link moderated]

@RickTacloban

Hi Rick,

I am newly widowed and am interested in meeting other expats in Tacloban for chit chat. I have been here since 98. Live in San Gerardo Hts. Tacloban. From the USA. Last placed I lived in the US was Tulsa, Ok.

Regards, Eric

[link moderated]

If I may offer a suggestion.

Posting personal details online is a bad idea as it leaves you open to every scammer and money grabber with an internet connection.

Even your full name can give them a lot of details they can use to have a go at you, more so if you have a big internet footprint.

Facebook is especially dangerous as it's full of all sorts of nasty people, but the same sort of evil little buggers trawl expat forums for potential victims.

Revived 5 year old thread.  Good luck.

@RickTacloban

Hi Rick,

I am newly widowed and am interested in meeting other expats in Tacloban for chit chat. I have been here since 98. Live in San Gerardo Hts. Tacloban. From the USA. Last placed I lived in the US was Tulsa, Ok.

Regards, Eric
[link moderated]
-@taccity

Well the good news Eric is that with modern air travel, even in Tacloban, your now less than '24 hours from Tulsa' 1f923.svg

@taccity Hi Eric.  I'm sorry I didn't respond to you sooner.  I rarely visit this forum.  You can message me on Facebook.  My FB name is Pseudotonal, which is my penname.