Turkey's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Turkey? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of Turkey's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Turkey would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

wow you have SO MANY questions:)

What are the most expensive cities to live in Turkey? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.? ISTANBUL ofc

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals? there are conservative and non conservative parts if mean it? You can walk almost naked in bebek and get dressed accordingly in more islamic areas.

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?
Most of them secure and live till late hours unlike European countries. I wouldn't recommend affordability over safeness as you are a woman;)

Which cities in Turkey would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living? Anatolian cities is cheaper by means of rents. Yet very few job opportunities there

Hi,

Most expensive city in Turkey is Istanbul. And perhaps the most expensive area is Buyukada, the largest island of Prince's islands. I lived there for three years. The most affordable city among cities I lived is Bursa, where I live now.  Social activities are not so much like Istanbul or Ankara, but this is the 4th largest city in Turkey, there is Uludag, ski resort, spas, and beaches. This is the city of the fruits, water, and textile and car industries. Also the first capital of Ottoman Empire. There are many historic sites, and the most important for Chistians is the city of Iznik, Not many Tirkish people are aware of this Iznik, Nicaea, where the 1st and 7th ecumenical council of Christianity was held, when for the first time at the first council, acknowledgement was reached that the Jesus Christ is the son of God.
Turkish people know Iznik by the production of beautiful tiles which you can see decorating the walls of metros and Marmaray and walls of streets.

Yasunori

I don't know....I'm just working,,for me I enjoying cost of living here,,nice that's all.

Hi everyone,

Istanbul is expensive , i agree this but you can live here cheaper. Example if u are here for vacation or business, u should rent or settle town a home near the transportation becouse traffic is so crowded here.