Info on living in Kusadasi

Like to hear from expats about living in Kusadasi; Cost to rent "up to date" and clean 1 or 2 bedroom in safe neighborhood and how much is needed to live for a retired couple on the average ? Cost of health insurance and other necessary expenses ?

Thank you very much for your advice

Kusadasi is one oft he best placest o live in Turkey, in price & performance metrics. Sunny, affordable and lots of ammenities around. Also people are secular, joyful and respectful for other cultures as well.

An apartment rental would cost less than $400-$500 monthly in most cases. If you are to rent a full house you may need more budget such as $750-$1000. If you wish to purchase an apartment, you should have a budget between $120K to $200K. For a full house it is $250K to $500K if you are not in search for a luxurious mansion.

Health is not a major issue. Turkish health system is one of the best in the world. Even if you don't have any health insurance you can just go to the government operated facility (which is a full-fledged hospital btw) or private hospitals and get service. Besides it won't cost a few bucks even if you don't have any insurance at all. If hou need to see a medical professor on the field, just drive an hour to Izmir and get a remarkable expert opinion for just $100.

In general, a monthly income of $2000-3000 would be more than enough to enjoy this beautiful city, its surroundings and people.

If you need any help and assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best

Thank you very much for that info; very helpful. I might contact you for more advice in 6 to 12 months when our plans are more definite.

Regards

I'm planning to live in turkey Istanbul. I have one girl whom will go to an American school. Which place woul be ideal?
It has to be in nature ..

@karmsun

Sure just let me know. Ill do my best.

@emanmokdad4

Zekeriyakoy, Uskumrukoy, Cekmekoy, Riva, Kilyos, Kemerburgaz, Polonezkoy  are some places that may be a good fit for you. These are surrounded with nice parks, forests and close enough to drive to the city center.

umutgokbayrak03:

Good day my friend. My name is Dennis and I am looking to retire in Kusadasi. I saw your post and it was very informative. Would like to know where you came from. I am currently in the USA and am looking to find out what are the necessary documents other than my Passport, Visa, Birth certificate I will need. I have Medicare coverage A&B (Will I be able to use it in Turkey)?

Do you have any do's or don'ts when it come to looking for an apartment online?

What will be expected of me in the way of documents once I get to Turkey ex. phone.

I see furnished apartments online for $350. Are they abundant there. My intention is to come to Kusadasi and rent for 1 month so I can visit all the rental options and look at the neighborhoods they are in. Looking to be in walking distance of shopping and transportation. Close to the beach if I can.
I f you have any suggestions for neighborhoods to look at I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Have a great and safe day

Dennis (USA)

@dncole4156 I am a Turkish citizen, who got back to my hometown, now living in Kusadasi, so I may not be the best person for answers regarding the immigration issues. But your plan looks solid. Take your time, spend a few weeks as a tourist in here. See if the climate, people, the way of living is your cup of tea than there are plenty of lawyers (English speaking) here. They may take care of the nasty stuff for you.

Medicare A&B should be more than enough. After your first year here, once you feel like a native, you  may not even need that. As I've said in my previous post. Healthcare is shamingly cheap in here. A diagnosis from a top-notch medical professor is not more than $80-100 even if you don't have any insurance at all.

If you wish to rent an apartment or a full house, the only sites you need to visit are:

- sahibinden.com
- hurriyetemlak.com

Spend some time on these, get used to the environment and know what to ask to a professional real-estate agent. Than as you stated, come and stay for some time. See the apartments yourself and decide. Airbnb is also quite popular here. For a vacation or a rental for less than a month you may use it.

Phone cards can be purchased from the airport or from various places througout the city. There are 3 major mobile operators. Namingly; Turkcell, Vodafone and Turkish Telekom. I prefer Turkcell among these but anyone should do fine.

You may start with a furnished apartment but for a long term rental I would suggest furnishing your own. There is an Ikea store just 45 mins away. Also, there are plenty of local furniture brands (also quite affordable) such as Kelebek, Bellona, Istikbal etc... They offer varieties for every taste. Also Turkey is a heaven for household electronics. Almost as cheap as Chinese counterparts.

For the neighbourhood, looking at your criterias, you may wish to look at Kadinlar Denizi (Ladies Beach). It's by the sea, close to the city center but still quite enough for a retirement. If you ask, my favorites are Guzelcamli and Davutlar. They offer an impressive beach, super fresh air, views and less noise. If you wish to have a larger house with a garden, private pool and a stunning view (while being away from the city center and sea) Sogucak might be your favorite.

These four places are all worth checking. Plenty of expats live all around. None of those places are as conservative as stated on the media. Live your life the way you wish to.

I hope these comments help you a little bit. If you need any more info. Just ask.

Best.

Thank you so much for your text to me. A lot of good information. Your English is excellent. I may have a few more questions for you as I get closer to making the move.

Maybe at some point, we might actually meet in person so I can treat you to lunch or maybe dinner.

Have a great day

Sure. I always like meeting new people. Especialy when I find the opportunity to improve my English speaking skills. Have a good day and meet you in person soon.

Thanks a lot for very informative comments. I really appreciate Thanks again.

Considering that the average salary in Turkey is around $300-$400, giving people a cost of living of $2000- $3000 is very silly.

A couple can live comfortably with $1000 ALL included, I am in Antalya Konyaalty, newly furnished apartments are around $300 per month, dining out you is $10 for a dinner for 2, groceries are cheap too. I am not sure for Kusudasi but keeping in mind that konyaalti is one of the most expensive areas, I assume that Kusudasi is even cheaper.

So I'd say that, to live comfortably, $1000 is more than enough.

I would like to know if your earning around 8000 lira so could you live a affordable and comfortable live with two kids family. If yes please provide your opinions and suggestions

8000 lira is less than 1000 usd. No, it is not sufficient to make a comfortable living for a  full family. I would suggest at least 1750-2000 usd per month.

@alexg wrote:

Considering that the average salary in Turkey is around $300-$400, giving people a cost of living of $2000- $3000 is very silly.

Our comments are not aligned, just because the word comfortable is highly objective.

If you have kids at school age, if you plan to spend a few days per month out for dining, if you plan to afford a car and spend some time out of the town $1000 is surely not enough for living a pleasent life in my thinking.

I would suggest $1750-$2000 per month as a good starting point.

umutgokbayrak wrote:

@alexg wrote:

Our comments are not aligned, just because the word comfortable is highly objective.

If you have kids at school age, if you plan to spend a few days per month out for dining, if you plan to afford a car and spend some time out of the town $1000 is surely not enough for living a pleasent life in my thinking.

I would suggest $1750-$2000 per month as a good starting point.

He clearly stated that they are retired couple so my post objective about expenses was based on that.

hello, I am traveling to kusadasi next month and I need someone to help me there with the translations and few things if you do not mind.

Hello everyone I want to work in Turkey as a house work can help me I worked before in Jordan as a house maid please help me I'm from Uganda

Anyone knows how to locate the exact address in Kusadasi without knowing the street name? I have the Neighborhood name, the Pafta No. the ADA No. and Parsel No.

Anyone knows how to locate the exact address in Kusadasi without knowing the street name? I have the Neighborhood name, the Pafta No. the ADA No. and Parsel No.

what a comprehensive post! Thanks so much!

If all you have are "Ada No" and "Parsel No" in hand, these are the geographical indicators that are written on a title deed. You can use the TKGM web site (https://parselsorgu.tkgm.gov.tr/) in order to find out the exact location of the real estate.

Select the county, city, region and then use the ada and parsel information to get the location on the map. You can zoom out to get used to the environment and get all the details.

Hello

i am planning to live in kushadasi for retirement and buy an apartment.

how is Ege mahalasi?

which neighborhood has more western population?

mariam

@onlineoffers2021 these are the plot representations in the government database. You can find the exact spot from this map application https://parselsorgu.tkgm.gov.tr/

Helloi am planning to live in kushadasi for retirement and buy an apartment.how is Ege mahalasi?which neighborhood has more western population?mariam        -@mnaghbash

Ege Mahallesi is mostly preferred among the locals. It's a nice, family friendly, calm neighbourhood but don't expect many western population around. You may take a shot around Turkmen, Kadinlar Denizi (aka ladies beach), Davutlar, Guzelcamli locations.  Which one is best?? It all depends on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for some place very close to the city center and if you can afford a villa then you can check the neighbourhood around Cagri Sitesi, which is in Turkmen (city center). Just launch the Google Maps app and draw a 1km radius around Cagri Sitesi . All this area is definitely expat friendly.

If you are looking for tranquillity, sunshine and amazing beaches you can start looking around Davutlar Sevgi Plaji and Guzelcamli. The issue is, these places can be quite deserted during winter. If you love being alone with your family, want to smell the fresh air, have fun in the nature I would suggest Guzelcamli. Davutlar Sevgi Plaji is more closer to the city center.

Kadinlar Denizi is an area where the expats favor a lot. It is somehow close to the city center. Many of the buildings are made as summer houses but converted into full year props some time ago. The overall construction quality of the complexes are a bit degrading in my opinion. But you should see and judge yourself of course.

@umutgokbayrak

thank you for the information, definitely useful when choosing my residential area.

How about degirmenender and ikicesmelik, are they western populated area or Turkish?

@umutgokbayrak
thank you for the information, definitely useful when choosing my residential area.
How about degirmenender and ikicesmelik, are they western populated area or Turkish?

-@mnaghbash

Ikicesmelik is definitely not the neighbourhood you are looking for. :)

Degirmendere has some newly built complexes, but the older ones are not that favorable. But I have to mention the newly built ones are more preferred by the expats from MENA, only if they are not locals. Depending on your luck you may still find a bargain in Degirmendere,  but it will be a significant time investment.

I forgot to mention in my previous post. The region called "Karaova" is also nice, well organized, close to the city center, shopping mall, beautiful beaches, western lifestyle, and other points of interest.

As a rule of thumb, if you are out of Turkmen Mahallesi, as you move closer to the seaside you'll find more favorable places.