Thailand's most expensive cities

WOW !!!

The topic that Priscilla presented was , What are the most expensive places to live in Thailand.
We have gone through the following which have had little to no relevance to the question.

1. The quality of bed sheets 
2. Pattaya a trashy place
3. Hotel Star Ratings

I can admit it's been very harlarious and not once one subject , Certainly proves human intelligence has certainly taken a turn for the worst  !!!  :) LOL :)

WOW!!!

I have always found rigid narrow-minded thinking very amusing.  Such blinkered and restricted thinking is in no way a sign of intelligence.  The moderator has been successful in providing a trigger for conversation.  Unless someone is engaged in a monologue, like a lecture or a sermon where there is no interaction, it is only natural for words to trigger thoughts like branches on a tree and for the conversation to grow beyond the scope of its narrow beginnings.  If the thought police have their way, this already quiet forum will fall completely silent I fear.    :)  LOL  :):offtopic: While we are off topic and complaining about how members respond to topics, I wish native speakers would learn the difference between “then and than” as I find it disturbing when people use those two words interchangeably when they are so very different.

Sounds like an excerpt from the movie            The Matrix :)

Ummm . . . Oh forget it.   dcb

.....forget it and move on......

DITTO :) Moving on !!! LOL :)

I am impressed with how grownup, articulate and expansive everyone seems to be. :thanks:

And there are still expensive cities in Thailand.... :(

Yes to all conclusions, and I think this was a pretty inconsequential topic (not starting anything here), but Priscilla's questions got everyone going and I eventually understood her role throughout this forum. We the well-meaning participants, went civilly from on-topic to off-topic to roil-the-soil, and around we went. All good. It was a blast.

So here's a question for the next round: Where are the most interesting places in Thailand where a musician-dude can put together an international band with 51% Thai players and roll in to do some kick-ass funky music concerts as well as giving some benefit shows?  . . . but maybe not the most expensive cities!  Lol . . .  dcb

PS: common spelling/grammatical errors:  then/than; would of/would have; hear/here; their/they're/there; your/you're . . . My top five.  Lol   dcb

There have been on occasion, crackdowns on foreign musicians playing without a work permit.  That said there are a lot of Filipino musicians who seem to be working in Thailand but I am not sure of their legality.  I am not sure the 51% thing would work with concerts and shows.  The guys I have known personally who played occasionally in bands were pretty much adopted by Thai friends who invited them to join in and provided a modicum of protection.

Back on topic, I think Rejoice had the right idea when he suggested that it is more of a lifestyle issue than a city issue.  You can find slums and low rent areas even in the most expensive cities and you can have a very luxurious lifestyle living far from a city.  The variation in cost from city to city is nowhere near as great as the cost variance from one lifestyle to another.

I do think BKK and Phuket are two of the most expensive places to live in Thailand.

I watched an Anthony Bordain video of him in Burma (Myanmar). Within one segment he was chatting with a Burmese Band who were discussing their ambitions with music. They were obviously looking at the US model of a rock star, or Brit version. With my experience in Thailand (even if it may be limited) the ambitions far exceeded the talent. I know of a drummer in Thailand who has been a drummer for decades, and is very accomplished. Today he does an occasional gig, but that's it. The question arises as to why you want to play music. For one the music business can be the most ruthless business is the world. On the other hand if you play music for the love of the music your audience will know it.

In term's of the actual question, I would say that Bangkok, Phuket, and Pattaya would be the most expensive area's in Thailand. I'm not an expert, but that's my thought.