Cost for a container house

Can I lease a few square meters of land on the coast and put a small container house like this?
How much does it cost?

TedM wrote:

thetefldon, thank you, useful tips.
Can I lease a few square meters of land on the coast and put a small container house like this?
How much does it cost?

Cheers.
Regarding the land. I'm sure you could lease some. Just a thought but surely living in a metal box would be a tad hot in the tropics insulated roof or not. It's hot season here at the moment and 40c is not unusual :cool:

Hi TedM,

As you were off topic, i have created a new thread with your post on the Thailand forum for more visibility. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

As there are 2 topics, lease and cost of container

1) LEASE

Leases for more than 3 years are able to be registered at the Land Office, which will then further protect your interest in the house, as it becomes an encumbrance.

Upon registration, the title deed will then contain your name and particulars as to the lease. The lease contract is then attached to the title deed and maintained at the Land Department.

The foreigner can construct a house on the land if the lease agreement permits. The construction permit must be applied for in the name of the foreigner and he will own the structure in his own name.

The advantage of leasehold is a lower registration fee. The registration fee for registering such a lease is 1.1% of the rental value.

2) Container

It will not be a shipping container but it will be based on it to build a house with a good level of insulation and roof, there are many companies in Thailand who can study your case and propose prefabricated home you can move easily after by truck. Just for example homecontainer.co.th, cab-c.com or use your search engine,
You will have somethig for 250,000 THB depending what you are looking for cost will vary as you will pay for a specific design : size, interior design, built in furniture, wood wall toilet, connection to water/electricity, etc...

thetefldon wrote:
TedM wrote:

thetefldon, thank you, useful tips.
How much does it cost?

Cheers.
Regarding the land. I'm sure you could lease some. Just a thought but surely living in a metal box would be a tad hot in the tropics insulated roof or not. It's hot season here at the moment and 40c is not unusual :cool:

I thought that, but read on.

The home has 1 bedroom, living area and embedded prefab bathroom unit. The containers are insulated with recycled thermal insulation with roof layer above the home to prevent the transmission of heat into the habitable areas.

Sounds like the insulation is pretty good, and an AC will do the rest.
A restaurant near my place has done this - not tried it yet, but I'm told it's fine.

This is another cool container home in Thailand
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qPjrUe9djYQ/Vd9iVACXOtI/AAAAAAAAEUE/UsJYI2Rs0Rk/s640/Container%2Bhome%2Bdesign%2Bfor%2Bhot%2Bclimate%2B1.jpg
from here

Check out Container Kings Thaliand
British owned I believe who can build any kind of container house

I'm doing same on my wife's land in a couple of years

Insulation is a concern as it gets hot but a roof above the container could help reduce direct heat

I'm investigating this right now

Knock down houses are a lot cheaper and certainly better.

BangkokStick wrote:

Knock down houses are a lot cheaper and certainly better.

Kindly provide your best-detailed description of the "Knockdown house". Thanks,... :cheers:

google is your friend

https://www.google.com/search?q=knockdown+house

Thai teak knock downs are very expensive and far from cheap. Don't forget most advertise empty houses and you should check the size not just the price. They vary from 16,000 baht sqm down to about 13,000 sqm add kitchen toilets and you have saved nothing and are living in ants heaven.

Chalanda wrote:

Thai teak knock downs are very expensive and far from cheap. Don't forget most advertise empty houses and you should check the size not just the price. They vary from 16,000 baht sqm down to about 13,000 sqm add kitchen toilets and you have saved nothing and are living in ants heaven.

A nice complete knockdown house costs 300000 thb, so why talking about what you have no idea about ?
Ridiculous.
I also didn't talk about TEAK houses, only idiots buy a real wooden house.

http://www.sompongbanruenthai.com/produ … 9%E0%B8%B2

can we see yours now?

Millions of Thai people living in wooden houses are all idiots LOL you ever think of leaving?

https://www.living-in-thailand.com/how- … iland.html

at the price shown and size of 80sqm you would get a small house 48sq

Note there are no internal pics or any mention of a bathroom or a kitchens unless I missed it

NICE?  have see nicer temporary toilets at Songkran festivals  :D