Job offer in Ankara

I live in Canada and am looking for work oversea. I have received a Job offer from ATUK Petroleum Drilling Group - to work in Ankara - is this company legit?

check website age, reviews,...hope you get answer from ankara resident

Thanks for the advice siwmman. web site is 5 years old

Hi guyz,
I just received the same thing an offer from Atuk petroleum.. the age of the web site is ok by me but is this a scam or legit?

ladamadera10 wrote:

Hi guyz,
I just received the same thing an offer from Atuk petroleum.. the age of the web site is ok by me but is this a scam or legit?

:D

MOST PROBABLY ITS SCAM!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fraudule … l-coulshed

There is no company registered as atuk petrolium in ankara btw... Are you guys sure of company name?

I was looking at their website but that does not say much. Atuk Petroleum drilling group turkey..
Most likely a scam but no way to tell except I could call and ask info. but still not sure. any advise?

As I told you, if they are FORCING you to pick an agency that overcharges, its most probably a scam. Are you sure that you have the exact qualifications for that position?

According to me yes.... even have it on their website... I will ask how much money I have to send and that will confirm that it is a scam.. will update... thanks

Just tell them this :

"you can deduct this amount for the visa from my first salary and we are good to go"

I am almost 100 sure that they will not accept it. If they really wanted you or the other guy, they would agree on this.

And please for the love God (or whatever you believe)

Do not generalize this to every business owner in Turkey. These kind of scammers are living all around the world. Their actions don't represent any country or its citizens.

Good luck!

sure thing... I will ask but as you mentioned they will most likely not accept. no offence to anyone in turkey running a legit business this goes on everywhere as you said.