What are the dos and don'ts of finding a job in Romania?

Hello everyone,

Where is the best place to start when looking for a job in Romania? Is it better to job-hunt by directly contacting the company of your interest, or should job-seekers rely on a recruitment agency, for example?

Are there any unique aspects that job-seekers should consider when preparing their CV/résumé and cover letter? Should a photo be included?

Do you have any tips on interview conduct in Romania? Are there any particulars, such as greetings or behavioural customs?

In you opinion, is knowledge of the local language or a regional language necessary to successfully apply for a job? What level of the language should job-seekers have mastered?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

bucharest is ideal place. all depends on where u live in Romania. give more details. i hv opportunity in Bucharest

Gvargis wrote:

bucharest is ideal place. all depends on where u live in Romania. give more details. i hv opportunity in Bucharest

Please post the opportunity in the JOBS section...that would be helpful. Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello, in my opinion it depends on what type of job you want. If you are engineer I think a recruiting company is best. If you want to be waiter/waitress etc you find it in local newspapers.
For language skills: for sure romanian language is the best opportunity. But if an international company wants you, they should also accept when you don't speak romanian yet. English is a must. German, Italian, French good.

Recruiting companies I know:
www.steinandpartner.comhttp://www.agxecutive.com/ro (agriculture)

Good luck!