Anybody living in Tashkent ?

Hi there,

I'm a newbie and I'll move to Tashkent at the end of the year.
I'm German and currently living in Germany. I used to live in the US for about 2 1/2 years. But I'm pretty sure that the 9-months-stay in Tashkent will be different.

Right now I find it tricky getting useful information about Tashkent. Like the dos and don'ts, the locations of gyms, libraries or points of interest in general.

I'd really appreciate it, if someone who lives in Tashkent could provide some impressions.

I'm looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards,

Marco

Hi Marco!

My name is Nora. I am originally from Uzbekistan Tashkent specifically. I understand your struggle about finding an information about Tashkent because there is no much information)) Okay, let me give you useful tips that you are seeking. First of all, Tashkent is the safest place that I have ever known.  Being a muslim country it is totally different from other muslim countries, people are more liberal about religion than the rest of the muslim countries. Different nations live in here friendly, and you barely find racism in here. We have russians, koreans, turkish, kazakhs, armenians living here for ages.  I am sure you heard about the most delicious cuisine of ours. We have a lot of different dishes that I myself sometimes get confused)) Most dishes are with meat and trust me meat tastes totally different in here because everything is organic and one more thing if you are vegeterian then it is gonna be hard for you because you can't resist all those amazing foods. About gyms, there are plenty of gyms in every district and street in here and I would recommend you to go to Chekhov gym which is one of the best one but it is a bit expensive compared to others. About night life, there are plenty of clubs, pubs, restaurants which work till morning, but after 12 streets are usually empty, not much people go out night time if you are a club person you may find it a bit boring in here. Libraries, we have a lot of libraries the biggest one is situated in the city center next to Hayatt hotel and Mustakillik street. I guess this is all, but if you have any questions feel free to contact me))

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi all

Not sure if anyone can provide me some info, I'd truly appreciate it.

What are options for small business opportunities there and what are the demands, product requirements etc. Maybe I could look into required products for export from South Africa ?

I am keen on moving and establishing a peaceful life with my family.
On that note:

1. What are the easiest ways to permanent residency, as I'm not certain of entry requirements?
2. Main language spoken, or is English universally spoken
3. what are schools, healthcare, home rentals etc

Anyone got some good data?

Kind regards,

Warren (South Africa)

Hello
When are you going to move to Tashkent? I can help you with renting apartment

Leyla ,
Thanks for your message I need apartment but firstly which job is available for now that pay good payment for me to survive.

Did you have WhatsApp number so that we can chat well my number is ***,thanks

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Interested in factory, hotel, teaching English in primary or secondary e,t,c.